1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Do you think it's a giveaway if you don't have "interested in" on your Facebook?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Hollywood, Dec 19, 2007.

1. Hollywood

I have:

Networks: [SCHOOL] '08
    Sex: Male
    Looking For: Friendship
    Birthday: [BIRTHDAY]
    Political Views: Liberal
    Religious Views: Nonreligious

However, I removed relationship status and interested subtly. There was this HUGE rumor that me and my best friend were dating, so we both removed those two things at the same time like 2 weeks ago to freak everyone out. So it wasn't like I removed them randomly...I dunno, its whatever. I'm coming out to everyone this summer anyways.

What about you?

2. I don't think it's a giveaway because a lot of straight people I know don't have it on there either.

3. CrimsonThunder

I use myspace not facebook, but a few straight people don't have straight there they have no answer. If I look there and don't see it there might be a possibility they're not straight. But yeah...

4. sdc91

I don't have it listed on mine and neither does Tez.

If everything is filled out except "Interested In", then I kind of think, yeah, he's gay.

5. biisme

well, i've left that out...so, it's a give-away for me....i can't speak for everyone tho

6. Jamie

Drammen, Norway (from England originally).
    I think you only notice it if you're looking for it to be honest.

E.g. being gay I will look, and if it's not there think ... hmmm maybe. But lets remember that the vast majority just assume you'll be straight so will just browse right past it.

7. Kovax14

Kovax14 Guest

if you leave most of them blank then it wont look as suspicious, lots of striaght people i know do that

8. SkyTears

I left my facebook blank but my myspace says I'm gay. I don't think it really means so much if you just leave it blank because lots of straight people do that.

9. waitingsucks

Yea well so many people have "no answer" at least on myspace. Id oubt any1s going to do an investigation if it doesn't say.

10. joeyconnick

joeyconnick Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Okay so related question: why would "a lot" of straight people leave it blank?

11. waitingsucks

Maybe a lot of people are confused. It's adolescence it a normal part of it.

12. Ty

Ty Guest

Ive left my myspace orentation blank.

13. waitingsucks

myspace us good it doesn't actually display "No Answer"

14. step49x

I don't think that leaving the "interested in" field blank is a dead giveaway. However, if you leave it blank, then have 30-40% of your groups be glbt-related (like me), that might be a little bit of a giveaway. :lol:

15. ampthejazz

Exactly.

16. SpikySpice

but when you browse people it'll appear as No Answer if they put Blank on their profiles

anyways, putting it blank is more honest than to say ur straight

17. chrisb

I think it's suspicious but only those who are gay looking at youre profile usually really notice such things, i mean i initially put No answer after i came out to just my mom, and i guess secretly i hoped everyone would know i was gay from that, but no such luck lol i eventually just posted a blog "Hey I'm Gay" and went on with my life.....LOL

18. Kimi

I agree. Though they might be too straight to care to put something there?? LOL

19. Rette

I've always seen the lack of an "interested in" field as an eyebrow-raiser, but not a dead giveaway. Some people are just lazy with their profiles and never bothered to fill in any of it. But, if they're got everything BUT their interested in field filled in...hmmm....

20. UnderARock

Out Status:
    Some people
    While there are a few posts here that suggests its not a giveaway I feel like that it is. Then again to put that you are interested in guys on your profile is a much bigger giveaway. Personally i was freaking so much when i filling in my facebook. I left it blank but i left other fields black including political views (any1 who knows me knows im very political) but i enter my relationship status as single. I think if there was any field that i should have also left blank.

I should noted that FB assumes that ur gay if leave it blank. I see the ad below all the time and the only reason i can think that can be a targeted ad is coz i left that field blank. Really if ppl want to PC about have a blank interest field should mean asexuality

Actually it seems the I cant upload images atm il try this later but i get a sidebar ad for meeting gay guys locally.