1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Straight guys thinking they're gay

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by CrimsonThunder, Dec 19, 2007.

1. CrimsonThunder

I found this pretty interesting, it would be weird for a straight guy to have fantasies about guys... :confused: And confusing. Probably one of the reasons why so many guys are homophobic.

2. Perrygay

Perrygay Guest

I don't really like articles like that, being gay isn't something scientific. It's something you just know. If you're gay you probably just know.

3. boy0boy

Agreed. Fact is, you can't state that as any sort of fact.

Kinda like something I use to hear in school about "did you know that males naturally really like anal, like you can't help but enjoy gay sex. men just automatically enjoy the stimulation on their prostate so even straight guys would really like it"

Even as a gay guy, I'm like... umm no, that's just not true.

4. CrimsonThunder

True, thats why some are bottom and top.

5. waitingsucks

Maybe a more true one is: that if you enjoy anal stimulation it doesn't necessarily make you gay. Thinking about guys at the same time could though.

6. CrimsonThunder

Hahahaha. >_>

7. waitingsucks

The first bit is true tho. Maybe a little

8. chrisb

I dont think it's true at all it's basically saying that all of us gay guys would like Women aswell.... and i'm sorry a vagina just is not in my future hahaha

9. Tom

Tom Guest

ive heard that said before and explained sumwhere but i cant remember where =[

but it was convincing, and guys can think about other guys wether they r gay, str8, bi or w/e in a 'sexual' way just as some exclusively homosexual guys/females think about females/guys in a 'sexual' way. this is more to do with the bonds you make with people than actually being physically attracted to them as part of an orgasm does come from the feelings u have for the person, so the stronger the feelings the better the orgasm. and then at times people will think about someone they might have a stronger/ nearly as strong a bond as with their partner there was sum psycology stuff in here tht explained it.
    The thing about all guys liking anal, if its a purely physical thing then the guys can enjoy it just most straight guys do associate anal stimulation with gay men and they themselves not wanting to be gay will think negatively about it and so the experience wont be quite as pleasureable, even if they are being stimulated exactly the same as gay men would be who enjoy it. then preference does play a part in it aswell, you may enjoy receiving but you just dont think that it is you and so avoid it. and once agen there was more psycology crap in here aswell explaining it all.

i wish i could of posted the link but tht is wat i remember from what must be afew years ago now so the facts may be wrong with me remembering them but its more or less what it should be but w/o the psycology in it really doesnt explain it aswell as id of liked it to =[

this can be hugely confusing to ppl that havent read anything about this, thinking of those you normally wouldnt think about during sex doesnt mean that u r sexually attracted to them just u have strong bonds with them or what they represent and so you are not gay/bi for thinking about this. and same goes for us gay ppl aswell, if we think about the oposite sex like that then we are not str8 just we have the same strong bonds.

ps. the sexual in the first 2 and 3 lines were surrounded by ' as eventho it is in a sexual context im talking about you are not thinking about that person sexually just the strong emotions you have for them or what they represent. and by represent i mean personal traits they have like they say what they want or somet similar.

10. frootl00p

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    i actually didn't know about that -- i always had a feeling there was a grey area when it comes to "preferences"

but i can safely say.. women genitalia sort of frightens me xD
    (no offense, ladies)

11. adam88

Whoa, way to thread-necromance. :grin:

On topic, yes, fantasizing about dudes probably means you're not straight, at least in some sense. However, that leaves open a huge spectrum of what you actually could be. :slight_smile:

12. Steve

Born in australia, but now living some where else
    i dont know since i have never had any fantasies with females

13. Just Adam

what crap....

yes men can fantasise and even experiment with other men and yet be straight thats jsut a growing thing figureing your sexuality but... the article does imply that it works that gay people can fantasise about women... thats wrong... young experimentation or learnign yourself sexually is before you discover your sexuality once you have identified as gay and are attracted to only men then thats your sexuality so i dont believe you would fantasise about women...

but this article is stupid simply for the fact it only splits peopel into straight or gay ... theres no middle sections... so the response it could give you is very limited.

14. Emberstone

never been attracted to females in my life. Never fantasised about being with a woman.

I don't fit the mold of the article.

Even soceity bombarding me constantly with the heterosexual view of what a relationship should be never made me feel like I needed a woman.

15. pianomike

I'm the same as emberstone, I've never had the desire for woman.

16. RaeofLite

I'm sure the articlel could be flipped around for straight women as well. Although in the case of women, some "play or act" gay or bi just for attention. Which isn't fair at all...

17. Emberstone

I am not adverse to homosexuality being explore scientifically, because I view that not as being homosexuality/bisexuality being studied, but sexuality in general, and in the full and wide spectrum of such.

but sometimes, I think people read too much into it.

18. dromadus

dromadus Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Sexual preference falls on a continuum from straight to gay and most people fall into a definite category while others don't. For reasons of evolution most people are straight, I think. But this does not explain some behaviors. I have know several guys in my life who were "straight" or married or just friends for a long time. Then suddenly they were interested and available. One guy I knew since he was a teenager. One day he indicated an interest and I obliged him. Then he went into the army and I did not see him for years. When I saw him next, he was using gay sex to earn cash. Yep. But I think that he was essentially straight, had tendencies like most people do for the "other camp" and used them with me for fun and later others for profit.

It is an amazing world and we are all just trying to find out what's what and where do we fit in. I suggest patience, optimism and generosity.

19. Miss Bubbles

I totally agree. I mean I use to think that I liked girls at one time but everytime I look back on my memories I see that I only had eyes for my guy freinds. I even remember thinking some of them were cute. And now thinkin about girls in a sexual way makes me really sick to my stomach no offense buit it just grosses me out.

20. RaeofLite

Yea. It goes the same way as a gay woman. A guy could try to make out with me or "go down there" and it's not the same. I don't get those intense feelings. Nope, I'm a gay lady. :slight_smile: