1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Question about the Denver, CO

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by starfish, Jan 10, 2012.

1. starfish

In a few weeks I am attending a class in the Denver Area. The class is at the Cisco offices in Englewood. Looking at Google maps it is near I-25 and 470.

My questions are. Are there things to do in Downtown Denver, and how bad is the traffic from downtown to Englewood?

Also recommendations on things to see and two. I am going two stay 2 extra days to explore the area. I can't go skiing because of my back so that is out.

2. Pinstripe

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Welcome to Denver! It shouldn't be too hard to get downtown, depending on where in Englewood you are. I live about the same distance away, but west of downtown instead of south.

I'm afraid I'm not the best person to ask as far as things to do, though, as I can be kind of a hermit sometimes. Skiing's kind of expensive and kind of a hassle, so I wouldn't feel too sad about missing out on that. I would recommend the art museum, but that's really based on my own interests more than anything. What kinds of things are you interested in?

3. Lexington

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Lots of things to see and do. I can send you a PM if you'd like, and if you'd like to meet for coffee or something, lemme know. :slight_smile:

Lex

---------- Post added 12th Jan 2012 at 12:33 PM ----------

Oh, and as to your other questions...

"Englewood" is a bit of misnomer for the area you'll be in. Englewood in technically a suburb just south of Denver, but it sort of spread to cover a then-unincorporated part of Arapahoe county down near where you'll be. That area has since been incorporated into a few suburbs - Greenwood Village and Lone Tree - and the area between I-225 and C470 along I-25 is usually generically called "the Tech Center" or "DTC".

Traffic is generically slow between the Tech Center and downtown during the standard rush hours. Not as bad as LA or anything, but very slow'n'go. If you go before 4 or after 6:30, it clears up quite a bit. That said, there's a light rail train starting at I-25 and C470 to the south, which runs straight up I-25 into downtown. So if you don't feel like driving or parking, that's always an option. It's not the cheapest train around, but it IS convenient.

Lex

4. FJ Cruiser

One of the US Mints is there. You have to make reservations ahead of time to take a tour though. The 16th St. Mall is also pretty cool. You might could go check out Boulder as well. I've been to Denver quite a bit, but it's always been because we stay at some family friends' house, from which we'd go skiing (in the winter) or hiking (in the summer), so I'm not incredibly aware of the cultural offerings there.