1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Member of LGBTTP community

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Earendil, Jan 12, 2012.

1. Earendil

1) What's the worst part of being a member of the LGBTTP community?
    2)What's the best part of being a member of the LGBTTP community?

I'll start:
    1) Don't know, I'm not part of it.
    2) Don't know, I'm not part of it but I'm thinking to be, that's why I posted this, to get some point of views.

2. FJ Cruiser

1) The acronyms :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: Seriously, I would say the stereotypes and rejection.
    2) I make friends with guys the easiest, so I love that my relationships will involve both "bro-ing" it out and being romantically involved with a guy. I'm not saying straight couples aren't this way, it just seems to me like homosexual couples are more likely to be best friends.

3. Sunsetting

Sunsetting Guest

bro, you are so darn thoughtful about things. very cool questions. in advance, sorry for breaking out of the format already lol.

i'm not really a part of "it", meaning a 'gay community' in the sense i think you mean. looking at it more closely, i'm a part of many communities, simply by virtue of the fact that we share interests, loves and hopes. some of them overlaps the LGBTTP community simply in the fact that i'm asking questions about myself and my orientation, some of it doesn't.

i am actually am finding that it's ok to be myself independent of what the stereotypical LGBTTP community looks like. on some issues i agree, in other areas, i disagree, but that's everywhere. part of really being me is being independent of (the sometimes stifling) labels, even though at times i want to have a label because it makes me feel like i belong...its kind of a pack mentality. Reality is that i am one person with many different facets and have many communities where i relate. it's actually a touch more challenging, but at the same time more freeing.

no matter the age, being accepted is a big deal and we want to embrace and be embraced by a community we appreciate. i would encourage you, young frodo baggins, to remain strong in developing your likes, your dislikes, your passions, your ability to reason and your character. and people will simply love you for you :slight_smile: ... simply because it's... YOU :slight_smile:

4. GlindaRose

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    The worst is not only the way that people stereotype LGBT people, but the way many (though not all) stereotype themselves and there doesn't seem to be as much acceptance for people who don't fit those stereotypes within the LGBT community.

The best is that people are considerably more open minded towards people and the idea of freedom of expression and being oneself. I guess this kind of conflicts with the above point, but I am in fact talking about 2 different things here...

5. Kenko

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I'll intentionally answer out of order.

2) What's the best part of being a member of the LGBTTP community?
    In can provide an easy way of making friends. Between GSA type things, and just hanging out / meeting people of your kind. Making bros with other mo's. Bro-mo's.

1) What's the worst part of being a member of the LGBTTP community?
    Too easy to make friends, to the point that everyone knows everyone. It's kind of weird how it seems everyone has dated the same people.

6. starfish

What the heck is the TP for?

7. Earendil

It's because I don't know anything about this community and I searched for it and said that LGBTTP stands for: Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender, Transexual & Pansexual. I only posted what I read. Sorry if I'm not right.

8. Rooni321

1)The stereotypes within the community make dating really hard. Or everyone just wants to hook up!
    2)Everyone is SO cuddley and for the most part, understanding!
    Plus, I love rainbows. Duh <3

9. Sunsetting

Sunsetting Guest

Either the bathroom or to trail over bushes

10. sokk

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    1) the part that you don't fit into society's idea of what's "normal", you're basically discriminated against, but then again.. you're constantly being discriminated against by your own community too, at least that's how I feel. There's a lot of homophobia and self hatred in the gay and lesbian community. I feel like I don't fit in because I'm bisexual, and I have heard more times than one that lesbians hate bi chicks, but why? I don't get it.. this is how I am. I can't change who I am. Why am I hated for being who I am? I would expect this coming from straights, but not the LGBT community. I also feel that because I don't fit into your typical square lesbian box that I'm basically in the middle. I don't belong to the lesbian community and I don't belong to the straight community. I am not butch, I have long hair, I wear make up, I like to dress up. I feel like I don't belong at all.. like there's no place for femme lesbians, because some of the butch lesbians are really nasty to us, and it's horrible :/

2. I honestly don't know what's good. I think I just have bad experiences when it comes to the community.