1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Straight Crushes

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Ginuwine, Jun 5, 2006.

1. Ginuwine

The hardest thing for me to deal with in being closted is people not understanding how hard it is to find love as a gay guy.

It's hurts real deep inside to have so much love for someone and never being able to express it, share it, even let it slip out. Has anyone else here had that same stress on their heart where you more than had a little cursh on a straight guy but loved them and have never been able to express it? It kills me to have had to see him daily for two years and have said nothing.

If you ever have, please share...

2. goratrix

Ginuwine, I've been there, done that. Actually I have a crush (major one) on my straight friend and classmate. Sufices to say that I see him every day for about 5 hours straight (oh, how I wish they were gay), it's been like that for a year and a half, and will be like that for at least 4 more years. Actually, of all my classmates, he's the only one I'd consider as a Thesis partner...

I've had a major crush on a 15 y.o. (I was 18/19 at the moment), I think some of the guys that have been here the longest will remember about my AC posts (actually I mentioned him in EVERY post). It's hard to have such strong feelings for straight guys (and yet it's so comfortable). And those feelings won't go away until you deal with them.

I had to come out to him, and tell him about my feeling in order to be able to start to get over him. And it helped that then he was a complete jerk about some other things... and that eventually I stopped seeing him as often... but the whole process started when I was able to let my feelings out.

If you do tell him, don't tell him that you are gay and that you like him all at the same time... it's a lot to take in, and most straight guys will react bad to this 'unwanted attention'.

Straight crushes are quite difficult to get over... actually I've found they are harder to get over than 'gay' crushes... so... there...

If you want to talk PM me :slight_smile:

I'm creating a new MSN account, that's why I don't post it here... :slight_smile:

#2 goratrix, Jun 6, 2006
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 7, 2006
  3. Ginuwine

Damn, such sophistication, I just realized that I misspelled "straight".

I'm not sure about unloading that on him, especially since he thinks rather highly of me. At graduation he called me "Little Malcolm", referring to me as the next Malcolm X and then gave me the wamrest,tightest hug that made my heart sink. I'll be seeing him around in the future and he gave me his number, but I really don't want this to be the be all/end all.

Yeah, if you want to PM, sure, but I'm fine with keeping this here too.

#3 Ginuwine, Jun 6, 2006
  4. Ginuwine

The other problem for me is that my boardfing school is notorious for picking up first time teachers just out of college or grad school, so we have a lot of 23-27 year old college jocks teaching here. Becauce of the kind of people my school attracts, most of them the kind of well-rounded, good-shaped, daring intellectuals that any of you would dream of having as a long-term partner.

I think one reason why my school has this "circle of closeted guys"** is becaause all of us would fear losing the tight bonds and great brother-to-brother relationships we have with these guys.

**(most of us know eachother and that the other is gay, there are six in my dorm, including me, that mutually indentify as gay/bi-curious, but non of us have come out a gay yet)

#4 Ginuwine, Jun 6, 2006
  5. Paul_UK

Paul_UK Guest

Fixed! :slight_smile:

6. suburbs_of_sodom

Northern Virginia...neither here nor there
    yeah, im in almost the EXACT same position as u...i have this major crush on one of my friends and ive already told him i was gay...luckily he took it really well...oddly well in fact...and im planning to tell him that i like him on monday...its gonna b fun.

but yeah, i know that pain of knowing that they r the perfect guy but nothing can ever possibly come of it. it sux.

...WOW i used a lot of im lingo...GOD im such a stereotypical teen...

7. goratrix

Let us know how it goes suburbs... :slight_smile:

8. hakeem_uk

hakeem_uk Guest

i got over my straight crushe becasue i know it will never happen.

9. suburbs_of_sodom

Northern Virginia...neither here nor there
    yeah, but its weird...so i told him that i liked him and we agreed that we wouldnt make things awkward between us and so far its not, and so now i know that it cant happen...but theres part of me that still wants to hang on and still hopes that maybe one day he'll come to his senses and something might happen...i dunno, i just really want to be over it especially b/c now i know for certain that it can never happen but i also dont want to be over it.

fun times fun times.

10. The crush that got me to come out was on a straight guy -- this artsy but clean-cut kind of intellectual guy who had this wonderful energy and innocence about him. We lived on the same floor in college and started to get to know each other pretty early in the year. We went on walks to the lake and sat on these dead-end steps in the basement of our dorm, talking while he smoked cigarettes. He was having issues w/ his roommate and would sometimes sleep in my room (I had a single), and I loved to watch him sleep. One day, he asked me if I was gay, and I panicked and lied and told him I didn't think I was. But the lie bothered me so much that the next day I told him the truth. And soon thereafter I made a trip home and told my parents. It all happened really quickly.

Anyway, it wasn't long before this guy realized that I was falling in love w/ him, and he brought it up once. He said it didn't bother him -- he was really gay-friendly, almost ridiculously so -- but he was worried about whether I would be okay knowing that the relationship would never go beyond friendship. And I was fine w/ that. So we kept on like that for a while. But this guy was a very hands-on kind of guy; he liked to give all his buddies big hugs and jump on their backs and wrestle. (I'm telling you -- he was really secure about his sexuality and had absolutely no qualms about male-male contact.) Anyway, he'd do this to me, and eventually it just started gnawing at me to have him so close -- to have him, quite literally, within arms length -- and yet to not have him. I wanted a friendship that wasn't so touchy, but friendship to him was touchy, and therein was the problem. And so the friendship dissolved, on mutual terms that were never explicitly spoken. And it's taken me a really, really long time to get over him, which is a little ridiculous considering we never even dated!

Okay, that's not really direct advice, but you can take from it what you will. :slight_smile:

11. goratrix

Ok... I got myself another straight crush... stron one too... I won't be posting about him as much... but just to let you know that I'm there with you... and that it's not the end of the world.... :slight_smile:

12. ilovegayboys17

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    been there and hated it

i have been there. see, there is is this football player at my school. need i say more? no but i will. i was in pe with him and he was perfect. perfect body, perfect face. and perfect...well everything. i know that he was not gay because he had a girlfriend. i wanted him sooo bad but i could not and it, like most have said, it killed me inside. i longed for him but nope. by the way, all the gay guys at my school are not exactly apealing. anyways, i still have a crush on him but no luck so far. there that is my story. i hope that it was not tooo terrible.

ilovegayboys17

13. Proud1p4

Proud1p4 Guest

Why is it that i forsee goratrix post counter hit the 4 digits.:eusa_doh:

:lol:

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Well to be more on subject i got over my straight crush, was pretty difficult, but he made it easier for me by being an asshole. Don't plan on going in too deep on any crush anytime soon, my crushes wont become anything more than just eye candy until at least high school. Well thats my story, Ciao.

14. Merc

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Well, I've had a crush on a straight (and I mean STRAIGHT) girl for the past nine years. Which, considering my age, is amazingly ridiculous. For the first few months of this year, I tried to convince myself that I only had friendly thoughts towards her, but then I told my best friend that I was a lesbian. And she, of course, wanted to know everyone that I had ever liked. And somehow, I managed to go into rant mode.

Let's just say that it would seem that my nine-year-long straight crush is going to continue for a while more.

I really wish she wasn't straight.

15. Simon69

Simon69 Guest

the cute boys r all ways str8 it isnt fair :frowning2:

16. chaos|blue

ive been there. i told my friend i was gay and that i liked him...A LOT! there was silence for about 10 seconds and then we both started laughing.

17. step49x

Interesting. And I swear I've heard girls complain before that all the cute guys are gay... :lol:

18. joeyconnick

joeyconnick Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    What's funny about that is that my friend just found out that the guy she says is the single most attractive guy she's ever seen, who she has had a big thing for for a while, is gay... and has a boyfriend!

Life just sucks sometimes... of course, don't feel too sorry for her: she has three guys on the go at the moment so she's hardly hurting.

19. Lava421

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    All of my crushes have been on straight guys (to my knowledge).

The one who I fell for the hardest was the one I got over the easiest. When he told me he's against gay marriage and doesn't have a good reason for it (as if one exists), I was disgusted.

20. Cam

Cam

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    All of these stories are amazing to read about, as I would have EVER said anything to my straight crush. He kinda made me realise that I was gay, and we were really close but younger, like 14.
    He was very straight and any time being gay came into the convo he was almost scared of it......
    Later though as he started to realise and he asked others if i were gay and went off and became a twat:icon_sad:
    We never reli spoke again until when I left school, when we said goodbye
    I think about him sometimes , just like little reminders, but i would have loved to tell him although i knew he would of probably punch me.
    I liked another boy once, we used to walk home together, and just found out he was gay, but i have no way of contacting him:bang: i have never actually met and had a convo with someone I knew was gay though