1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Feminine or Masculine Lesbians?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by BroadwayDreamer, Jan 19, 2012.

1. BroadwayDreamer

Out Status:
    All but family
    Random question, just want to know you opinion. :lol:

2. My preference is...girls...I love em masculine, feminine and anywhere in between. :lol:

3. Jessica816

I normally go for more of a masculine woman, but I wouldn't rule any woman out :slight_smile:

4. Maddy

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    No real preference. Out of three girls I've had serious feelings for, one was very feminine, one was on the feminine side, and one was very androgynous.

5. Rooni321

Masculine!!!! Or androgynous are my preferences <3

But I won't knock any hot girl that comes my way. I mean, I really like hot girls. If they're hot I like them!

[:

6. Random Dent

Random Dent Guest

I don't have a preference.

7. Hot Pink

I just want a girl who will be my equal. I don't want to dominate her or the other way around. I want a partner who will stand by my side.

8. midwestgirl89

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I usually like girls who are more feminine than masculine but are kind of in-between if that makes sense. So like a girl who has feminine characteristics but likes being outside and stuff. Not girly girl but also not "masculine." But who knows who I will be attracted to in the future.

If it was between "masculine" and "feminine" I'd choose feminine, but there's a lot between those 2 categories.

9. Vesper

I have no experience in this area, but I would take it on case-by-case basis.

I like a woman who is proudly independent, intelligent, thoughtful, quiet, and mature, yet has an inner passion or fire that drives her. A "warrior woman", if you will. Women who are in professions that are traditionally the domains of men (engineering, science, law, law enforcement) are attractive. Whether she happens to be feminine or masculine in mannerisms or dress is secondary to those other considerations.

Naturally, I will find a woman attractive initially if she has a facial structure and/or body (I go for the athletic or fit types) that I find attractive.

I don't, however, generally like women who act like clingy little children or puppies, or those who are catty, vindictive, and gossipy.

#9 Vesper, Jan 19, 2012
    Last edited: Jan 19, 2012
  10. Blkrsn

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I have an attraction for feminate women... to tell you the truth ( no offense intended ), I could never be the 'woman' in a relationship. I like my girls being my girls, and me being their guy :slight_smile:

11. sokk

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    I like women, so females.. that means they actually have to LOOK like a woman, and not a guy. I am not turned on in the slightest by butch lesbians. I don't get it.. we like girls, why go for someone who looks like a guy?

12. Ianthe

Butch women do not look like men. At all. They look like women, and dress like men. Just like crossdressing men do not look like women.

Ask any transman who has opted for hormone therapy or surgery. If wearing masculine clothing was sufficient to make them look like men, they would not need hormone therapy or surgery.

It's fine that you prefer feminine women, but you should not imply that masculine women are somehow not really women, and you certainly shouldn't state flat out that they don't look like women. They are women, and they look like themselves.

You don't have to be attracted to masculine gender expression in women, but you shouldn't imply that those of us who are, are not "really" lesbians, or that it means we don't really like women.

Gender expression, gender identity and physical sex are all different things. It is very rude to imply that masculine gender expression diminishes someone's womanhood, or that feminine gender expression diminishes someone's manhood.

13. BreeBree

I prefer them more feminine:slight_smile: <3

14. AngelicDemonic

...You're asking for 'preference' or "type" right?

Eh. I'll admit, passing male is.. not my thing.
    If you're fine with it and comfortable, that's your business. I'm not interested.
    {Note that I did NOT say that makes certain butch girls less of whatever gender(binary or otherwise) they identify as}

Otherwise, there's so much else... If we're only going off immidate physical attraction definitely more feminine girls catch my eye first.

15. Thisisnew

I guess I go for more feminine woman, not like super femme though. My girlfriend is more feminine than me, and I like it that way. I like something in between masculine and feminine, more closely to feminine.

16. Rooni321

Amen.
    I made this arguement with I first joined this site lol

17. sokk

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Uhm.. yeah, many butch lesbians I have seen actually do look like men.

People can be butch as much as they want, I don't really get it, but that's a different issue. People should be who they are, that is my philosophy. However, I do know what I'm attracted to, and it sure as hell isn't butch girls. I like women, so I like femme girls. I'm not attracted to someone who looks like a man, because, well.. I like girls. But if others are attracted to girls who look like men.. more power to them! We all deserve love!

18. Ianthe

Wow. You still don't even understand how rude you're being.

You like femme girls, because you like femme girls. It's fine that you prefer femme partners.

What is not fine is the implication that butch women are not really women, or, by extension, that people attracted to them are not attracted to women. When you imply that liking "femme girls" is a natural, obvious, and necessary extension of liking women ("I like women, so I like femme girls"), it's insulting, both to butch women themselves and to lesbians like me, who are attracted to them. (Actually also to straight men who are attracted to them--and there are some. I doubt they would like the implication that they must be gay.)

Butch women are just as much women as any other women, and saying they aren't is beyond rude, it's cruel. It is extremely offensive.

If you can't distinguish between someone who is female in masculine attire, and someone who is male, it just means that YOU are blind to the anatomical cues, and only notice their clothing and hair. Women's bodies and faces are different from men's. If you can't tell, it's YOUR problem, albeit an astonishingly common one.

Please stop insulting me and the women I'm attracted to.

19. greatfulyslow

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I'd love to knock off a woman's boots its been awhile! Im a sucker for blondes or a woman with an accent!

20. sokk

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    I don't care if I'm rude, this is my opinion, and I know many who are feeling the same. The femme girls are ALWAYS pushed out of the lesbian community by the butch girls, and I'm sick of it.

I said that you can like butch women as much as you want to, I can't tell anyone who they can and can't fall in love with, obviously. I never said butch women are not female, they obviously are, and it's great that they feel like a woman, but I STILL do not think many of them look like girls, many of them have adopted a more adrogonyous/boyish look, which I am not attracted to.