1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Are you content with where you are in your life at the moment?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Robert, Jan 20, 2012.

?

Are you content with where you are in your life at the moment?

1. Yes

12.5%
  2. .

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. .

3.8%
  4. .

3.8%
  5. .

6.3%
  6. .

8.8%
  7. .

6.3%
  8. .

5.0%
  9. .

1.3%
  10. .

3.8%
  11. .

3.8%
  12. .

1.3%
  13. .

1.3%
  14. .

1.3%
  15. .

6.3%
  16. .

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  17. .

3.8%
  18. .

2.5%
  19. .

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  20. No

28.8%
  1. Robert

Robert Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Are you content with where you are in your life at the moment? Why/why not?

2. Bolin

No. And, unfortunately, uncontrollable circumstances are making it really hard and painfully slow to try to change my life around.

3. needshelp

nope, not at all but things will get better. they have to.

4. Kidd

Kidd Guest

Mostly, yes. I'm almost done with school but I'm ready to move on to the next phase of my life. I'm working an internship and networking. I love my friends and I'm generally having fun. The only thing I could possibly ask for is someone to share it with and that will happen whenever it happens, or maybe not. I'll be fine either way. ^_^

5. Zontar

Is this a gradient option or something? If so, I selected where I think I'm about at.

A lot of other things are coming together (money, success, etc), but my woeful personal life continues to be a significant and persisting problem. For the record, I still have no concrete proof that I'm desirable as a sexual being, and I still get near-constant rejection for no coherent reason at all.

So, when I sweep that other thing under the rug, everything's golden. :/

6. Robert

Robert Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Yes.

7. Vesper

I'm in a pretty good place, but it could definitely be better.

8. Rooni321

Eh its alright. I want to say that its moving by slowly but at the same time I should cherish all the time I have left in California. I'd just rather be in college working on being a nurse. High school just feels so pointless! My friendships at the moment are a little shakey but they're getting better. And of course I would LOVE a job but I love kickboxing more than I want a job so I have to work on that.

My decent friends, grades, and kickboxing are keeping me from reaching ground zero.

9. Owen

In Loving Memory Full Member

I'm actually extremely content with where my life is right now. I love the college lifestyle, I enjoy the part-time job I have while I'm at school, I really like my friends, and though I may not be in a relationship, I'm legitimately content with being single. Things are actually really awesome right now.

There's only one thing pulling me down, but it's pulling me down pretty far. I'm a talented guy, so everyone (and I mean fucking everyone) is telling me I should set my sights on some kind of prestigious, intellectually challenging, or high-class job/degree. That's not what I want for myself, but everyone I know tries to make me feel guilty for not wanting better for myself.

And the thing that really sucks is, it's working. I used to think I'd be content with some kind of unremarkable job (say, working in a café, or as a receptionist), but all those "You can do better," messages have gotten to me, and I've started seeing those kinds of jobs as undesirable. I was once happy to settle, and now I'm not. Jerks.

10. b0i70y

It's going better than usual, but I'm falling behind in college work. This degree is really important to me because I've never had a job before, and if I don't get a college degree no one will hire me for anything.

11. mAOz

I like where I am in life at the moment, I have great friends and fun learning :slight_smile:

12. FJ Cruiser

I'm really happy with my university choice and major, and I'm happier with myself now more than I've ever been I'd say. Still, I'm struggling to make more than a few friends and be outgoing. I'm really burnt out on school, and the high GPA requirements for my scholarships, though not immediately threatening, are very stressful. Schoolwork is constantly bogging me down from accomplishing everything I want to do. Perhaps I'm just another case of the "grass is greener" syndrome, but I'm ready to have a good job that I can just leave at the workplace and not have any stupid take-home work holding me back from traveling and hobbies.

13. Artemicion

Not that content, but not that bad either...but things are moving along in my life. I don't have any problem getting basic needs. I've graduated last year, don't have a job right now, had a job for three months - didn't like it. I've become a bit of a social hermit since I haven't really exposed myself to new environments. Been working on my own things which is nice, but there's still some troubling issues like getting another job and such.

14. JohnnyBoy

Im very happy. I love my school, my major, my classes, my roommate, my friends, my job, I have a very loving boyfriend who keeps me sane, just came out, don't have any secrets to hide, like/almost love my physical appearance...I've just accepted everything in my life and know I can't change much so I don't worry about much!

15. Aya McCabre

I'm not happy about the extremely slow progress I'm making getting my hip problems diagnosed (I'm sitting here with tears running down my face and three different over the counter pain drugs in my system) but apart from that it's going pretty well at the moment.

16. FleetFish

I like how you set up that poll!

Overall, yes! I have a decent job that I don't totally hate, I am going to a school that I LOVE, I live in 'my own' city but close enough to my parents and friends, I have several awesome friends, my pets are healthy and I don't have too-too many, and I am able to pay all of my bills without selling excess pets into scientific experimentation.

I don't have a lover, but that is about the only thing bugging me just a little. I also already have my AA degree, so that is awesome! My sis doesn't even have her AA, and she is 18 months older than me. >_>

So, really, I am quite happy!

17. Colton

Yes :slight_smile:

Why shouldn't I?

18. Black Cat

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Nope. Not at all.

I'm essentially alone, no friends, emotionally isolated from my family, etc.
    I'm the heaviest I've ever been.
    I'm unemployed.
    I'm without a computer, which means little to no creative outlet for me to utilize.
    And to top it all off, I'm within a breath of being officially diagnosed with full-blown clinical depression.

At least my sense of humor is still with me. And I survived my mid-life crisis I had last year.

19. duriru

For the most part, yes.
    I like the classes I'm taking so far. I've met new people this past week, and have actually made friends with some of them, which isn't something that comes easy to me. I'm not stressed with college yet, since it's my first week back. I'm not dating or anything, but I'm not sad because of that, since I've decided to not date until I go away from this country. I haven't fallen into depression since last year. And I'm losing weight.

And it will get better. In about three months I'm moving to a bigger house, that's also closer to college. And maybe getting a car. So, yeah, I'm quite happy with where I am right now.

20. AngelicDemonic

No, but tbh I'm just starting.

For where I'm stuck in my life I'm reasonably content to keep moving forward? if that makes sense.