1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Advice Please!

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by bobcats, Jan 22, 2012.

1. bobcats

bobcats Guest

So my situation is that a year and a half ago, i kind of started a relationship with this girl. She was an out lesbian and she told me she was single. After a few weeks of dealing, she flew to travel to another country across the world. We kept skyping for maybe a couple months. We skyped for at least an hour a day. I was head over heels for this girl. I did find out that she was living with her, at that time ex girlfriend. She kept assuring me that she had feelings for me and wasnt doing anything with her ex. After maybe 3 months, she just disappeared. She stopped facebooking, messaging or skyping me. She came back to from her trip another maybe 6 months, but didnt contact me ( i didnt know she was back). Around the time I met her, (we work seasonally together) she texted me asking how i was doing and if i was coming back to work. In the end, she apologized and explained herself about basically dropping off the face of the earth and dropping me. As a person whos forgiving, I became friends with her, putting everything in the past. When we started to hang out, she kept putting moves on me and everything. I was under the impression that she was single...but found out after we were dealing that she was still with the girl she lived with overseas. She kept insisting that we continue our relationship ( and yes I felt horrible about being the other woman, so to say). She ended up breaking up with this girl (well thats what she told me, but I always had my doubts about how over she, well actually both of them are about the relationship. when she was here, even hanging out with me, they would still keep in contact, talk on the phone everyday). She asked me to be her gf and I said no, because she was leaving to go back overseas. She couldnt break up with her ex on the phone. Shes living with her, in her apartment. They share a room and a bed. I get that she doesnt know alot of other people, but they spend so much time with each other. My friend (almost gf) always pays for things, she bought her ex a new phone because her ex lost it one day. shes also purchased a fridge and stuff. After maybe 2 months of skyping with my friend, she suddenly AGAIN stops messaging me and stuff. Its been another 3 months since we stopped talking. I know through her friends (who ive met and am slight friends with) that she is coming back to the city soon. Im sure shes going to contact me and i dont know what to do. i honestly am so chessed that she stopped talking to me again and i dont think i like her like that anymore at all. honestly dont even know if i want to be friends with her, but do you think i owe something to her? i did, i guess break up her other relationship.

Sorry for the long post, but I do need advice. I am young and havent totally come out as bi yet. I have to a couple friends and strangers if they ask me, but not to my very close friends or family. I dont really have anyone to talk to about this.

2. silverhalo

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I dont think you owe her anything, she sounds complicated. If you dont like her like that then the only choice you need to make is whether or not you want to be friends with her. Then when she comes back and texts you just say, I dont mind being your friend but im not looking for anything more with you.

3. hml8

I agree with silverhalo you don't owe her anything.
    I don't mean to be harsh or anything but I doubtful that she even broke up with this girl that she lives with! Do you think that she did?

Also even if you did 'owe her' something it would never be a relationship if you don't feel that way for her. That's a little ridiculous :slight_smile: if you feel that you don't want to be friends with her then tell her that, I know it's not as easy as it sounds, but even if you do end up still talking to each other maybe don't meet up very much?

Oh and welcome to EC! :slight_smile:

#3 hml8, Jan 23, 2012
    Last edited: Jan 23, 2012