1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Im Sure My Gaydar Worked Today!

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Ty, Dec 24, 2007.

1. Ty

Ty Guest

Okay so today I was helping my nan collect the last needed things for christmas dinner tomorrow (vegetables, etc) and when we eventually got through all the items and got to the till, there was a 15/16 year old guy serving us and omg im 100% certain he was gay lol.

In fact I would be shocked if he were straight.
    We made eye contact a few times but i was too busy packing stuff + texting on my phone for any actual flirtatiousness + the fact my nan was beside me lol.

But anyhoo, It seems its half-functioning now =] Woo!

Share your similar stories, cause I know there are other people like me with half-assed gaydars -.- But surely you must have gotten some indication that someone was gay, right?

2. Paul_UK

Paul_UK Guest

I wonder if he's a member here? :wink:

3. step49x

I get that occasionally, where I wonder if someone was gay. I was at the supermarket the other day, and I kept exchanging glances with the bagger at checkout. It ended up that he knew me from high school, so I think that probably accounted for that. I still need to check out his online stuff, though (if i can ever remember his name... :dry: ).

I was also at a restaurant a couple days ago, and I was trying to figure out if some guy was gay or not. I'm guessing he wasn't as he apparently tried hitting on my sister (or so she thought).

I'm pretty sure my gaydar has been set to go off whenever I see someone I like (who doesn't look completely macho). I'll keep hoping, though... I often see shoppers at the supermarket when I go, but until I actually go up to them and strike up a conversation (slightly awkward, "hey, what do you think of this sale on pop-tarts?"), I'll probably never know.

4. BILL9854

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Same here.
    My gaydar is terrible, I just think everyone who I fancy is gay, when 99% of the time they aren't lol.
    I still think there's no such thing as a gaydar, I wonder where the idea came from. I mean, straight people don't have a straightdar lol

5. panda

Great Pick-up line (!) (!) Must try it in my :roflmao: :roflmao: local Dominion one day

6. Paul_UK

Paul_UK Guest

Walk absent-mindedly into his path, look up, smile and apologise.... :wink:

7. sngl

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Haha, well I don't know about my gaydar...I always think that everybody who I like is gay, or rather: I'm hoping that they are, but I'm quite sure they aren't but still I think there's a chance they are. But I can't decide and I'm always full of hope and doubt at the same time. So I think I'm terrible at detecting gayness :roflmao:

8. Grof142007

Gaydar pssh I have a Hotdar anyone i think is hot i think is gay...

Your Gay till proven Straight is the motto

9. Paul_UK

Paul_UK Guest

Yes, I've got one of those too.... :frowning2:

10. Psych!

Psych! Guest

Mine's probably broken.
    There's this guy in my science class...
    I swear I've seen gayer arrows, but I can't get off my head that he's gay.

11. Martin

Board Member Admin Team Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hmmm, the amount of fun i have training my gaydar is scary. I am always on the lookout, but sadly i have never actually found out whether i am right or not. :frowning2: I can't imagine many strangers would appreciate me going "Are you gay? It's just you've set off my gaydar...".

So yeah, i'd like to think i have a good gaydar. Though it's not really worth the risk of being attacked, and maybe i'm just looking too hard and seeing what i want to see. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

12. neverover

i never saw/met a real gay person with my own eye in real life........
    i kno, ryt? im pathetic...

13. Ty

Ty Guest

You proberly have, but just never known it. Remember, its about every 1 in 10 people are gay/lesbian, so the chances are you have =]

14. neverover

i never saw/met a real gay person with my own eye in real life........
    i kno, ryt? im pathetic...

15. chrisb

I think my Gaydar works pretty well sadly i've never confirmed whether the people i spot are gay or not, i'm always afraid of outing someone accidentally.... I remember once being hit on before i came out by a gay guy in front of people i went to school with and i could have almost died right then and there......as i was only 15 which sure some people come out at that age but i wasnt ready yet so i kind of just brushed it off and then joked about it with friends a little.

16. Time

Yeah, same here. It sucks.

For the first time ever, my gaydar worked today. Extremely hot guy at my school turns out to be bi. I'm quite shocked. I got the butterfly feeling in my stomach that I haven't had in a long time.

Anyway, good luck to you! :slight_smile:

#16 Time, Dec 25, 2007
    Last edited: Dec 25, 2007
  17. JeremyB

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Yeah, I have a crappy Gaydar.. Even though sometimes I have a feeling someone is, I dont know if i'm wrong or not. So I really cant say it sucks since I havent really asked anyone who I thought was gay.

18. Revealed

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    I think my gaydar's getting better. In saying that it still malfunctions sometimes (I think I need to get it serviced) but I've been trying to tune it up.

I went to an IKEA store with some friends and there were several chicks working there that just stood out to me as quite possibly (99% certain) lesbian. I also exchanged a few glances with another girl when my friends and I were heading into the bathroom. And later on she in the restuarant and kinda looked at me when we walked past, but my friends wanted to go downstairs so we didn't stay :frowning2:

I'm glad to know mine works (ocassionally), it was just hiding away all these years!

19. CrimsonThunder

I dunno if my Gaydar works, but I'm pretty sure there are a few people here that are gay. ;P

20. sexyalex

wow, you don't say! :lol: