1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

horrible cook

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by greatfulyslow, Jan 26, 2012.

1. greatfulyslow

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I am a horrible cook I burnt noodles on my list of things I want in a partner must know how to cook! I would do all the dirty chores like laundry and bathroom cleaning if I didn't have to cook! Does anyone else on this planet hate and suck at cooking like me!

2. Vesper

Yup, I suck at cooking. There has never been a pancake that I haven't burned or turned into something resembling an amoeba. Every time I have to use oil, it always gets splattered onto my clothing because I always turn the heat up too high or pour water onto it at the wrong time.

3. Bolin

Funny you should mention pancakes....I think I'm a pretty good cook, but my pancakes never turn out right. Even the instant, "just add water" kind. I tried to make some homemade pancakes a few days ago, but they came out looking zombified...one of them was even dookey green. I don't know how... Also, my fire alarm went off because they started to burn. :eusa_doh:

4. duriru

I hate cooking. It takes me like a thousand times more time to cook than to actually eat the food. I also suck at it. I do like to experiment with cooking though, but the new things I create usually taste awful lol. But I'm taking a cooking course in college this trimester, so maybe I'll learn something there. We're making Caesar salads tomorrow.

5. Black Cat

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm a fantastic cook. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: See, I've got proof!

Wow, that sounded incredibly less conceited in my head than it does in writing... But yes, I cook all the time. But that's about all I can bring to a relationship. xD I'm not a good conversationalist, I don't have money, and I'm not much to look at, but I can make you breakfast in the morning. I think I'll try that as a pick-up line sometime... :lol:

6. Ethan

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Haha, everything I cook looks weird but tastes amazing.
    I make the best lopsided omelets.

7. Emberstone

omgawd you guys... its called 'pizza hut' and 'taco bell'!

8. Owen

In Loving Memory Full Member

Cooking is something of an art, like writing a good sentence. I once read a book by an adjunct professor of writing at some college that said in one part, in so many words, you can only really teach people how to write if they're also readers, because they need to read a lot of sentences to understand how to make their own. Cooking is like that.

I'm a pretty good cook, and I credit my mother (who loved cooking and made me help her out in the kitchen) for that. I credit her because there's no reason I should be good at cooking. I'm physically awkward, bad at noticing subtleties, extremely pedantic (especially at things I'm not very practiced at), and often too afraid of messing things up to have the gusto needed for cooking. But when I actually get down to it and do it, I can make some damn good food. The only reason that could possibly be the case is because I watched my mother do it and did it with her, thus gaining an intuitive understanding of the process.

It also helps that my mother could cook well, so I know what good food is supposed to taste like. Just as you can't judge the quality of your sentence if you don't know what a good sentence sounds like, you can't judge the quality of your cooking if you don't know what good cooking tastes like.

9. Bolin

This, too, to a degree. (Just look at my peanut butter cookies. xD )

10. Zontar

Don't feel bad. I'm not a good cook either. That's why I usually hire my good friends, Chef Boyardee and Frank O. American.

#10 Zontar, Jan 26, 2012
    Last edited: Jan 26, 2012
  11. AloneOutHere

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    MAC n' CHEESE!!!!!!!

YYYYYYEEEEEAAAAAAHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!

(!) (!!) (!) (!!) (!) (!!) (!)

12. Random Dent

Random Dent Guest

I don't hate cooking...but I don't like it either. I can cook some dishes without ruining them.

13. Lexington

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I have a VERY limited repertoire in the kitchen. (Unless you'd like something that ends in "Helper".) Luckily, the few things I can make are usually considered very good.

* burgers and steak fries
    * fried rice
    * chili
    * chicken and soup-y rice

That's literally it. Pick one of the four. :slight_smile:

Lex

14. Maddy

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm a good baker, but not all that good with main meals. I can do great things with chicken and/or pasta, but I get lazy.

15. Bosco

mmm your cupcakes look delicious! :grin:

I know how to prepare a very narrow palette of foods. Most of which aren't really all that filling or practical for day-to-day consumption. I thoroughly enjoy plating and presenting foods in interesting ways so I guess you can say that I cook to impress (though I wouldn't say that I'm good at that... haha)

16. WillowMaiden

WillowMaiden Guest

I can cook a little. But I can easily make the same mistake you did. I'm okay in the kitchen. I would love to met someone who is excellent in the kitchen so I don't have to worry about it so much.

17. needshelp

don't worry, at least you're trying. i burnt gravy one time and that scared me away from the kitchen.

18. Mlpguy88

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    i'm not great at it, but i like to do it

this just made me remember something my cousin once said, he told me that to him cooking is alot like sex, he loves it but he is bad at it.

19. Vesper

Reading some of these reminded me of how my mom sometimes jokes that she married my dad because he's a good cook. He's tried many times in earnest to teach me to cook my favorite meals, but I'm both too lazy and too ADD to be any good at cooking. I usually just shove a couple ingredients in my rice cooker and let it do the work.

20. Rooni321

I am one HELL of a baker.

But I am just a good cook, especially with vegitarian foods. I don't have much range though.
    -Tacos
    -Burritos
    -Omlettes
    -Pancakes
    -Pastas
    -Chicken bewb (real or fake)
    -Vegetables; corn,broccoli,bell pepper, zuccini, yellow squash, cauliflower, carrots..
    -Anything involving eggs
    -Rice(sometimes)
    -Potato salad
    -French fries
    -Garden Burgers
    -Quinoa/cous cous

But I really want to know how to cook Mac n Cheese. The good old fashioned kind, not that kraft shit.