1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Backwards transition! Surgury b4 T?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Blkrsn, Jan 27, 2012.

1. Blkrsn

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Yup. Due to being possibly diagnosed with Ovarian Cancer, my doctor wants to do a full hysterectomy before I even start T.

She said since I'm going to transition anyway, she said there is no need to start chemo or anything, and to just have the organ removed.

I'm a little worried about it to tell you the truth XD

2. Vesper

Again, sorry to hear about the likely diagnosis of ovarian cancer.

I don't remember if you mentioned anything about the stage of the cancer in your thread that got deleted in the database corruption mess, but based on what your doctor has said about you not needing chemo, it's probably not metastatic, which is a very good thing. In that case, the hysterectomy will get rid of the cancer, if it's confirmed to be ovarian cancer.

It would be strange if you weren't worried about the surgery. After all, all surgeries have risks, and this one is pretty major.

Some links to info.:
    Ovarian Cancer
    Hysterectomy

#2 Vesper, Jan 27, 2012
    Last edited: Jan 27, 2012
  3. solarcat

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Family only
    I'm sorry to hear about the possible cancer (*hug*)

But if a hysterectomy was necessary anyways, could this be seen as a step forward? Even if it is a bit sudden (not to mention frightening).

I don't know much about cancer or GRS, but I'm full of hugs if you ever want one.
    (*hug*)

4. Blkrsn

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    ChouChou: I go for a biopsy in February, though my doctor says it may not be necessary, because I am trans and this would give the surgeon an excuse to remove the Organ without having to wait for the approval of the government. I'm in Canada, so the transition is more difficult here then in the states.

I am worried, but I am refusing to think of this as a surgury to remove cancer, and am trying to think of it as a surgery removing the organ I hate, ex: my uturus and ovaries. I don't need them anyway XD

Work is ok with it, and is already willing to grand me sick leave, so we're waiting till February to find out.

SolarCat: (hug) thank you! I could use one XD

5. Hexagon

Sorry about the cancer, but at least you get something good out of it. I hope the cancer hasn't spread though. That would be terrible... anyway, good luck.

6. BradThePug

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I wish you the best of luck. It sounds like hey caught it early, so that's good.

7. Miles D

There's no one way to transition, and there certainly isn't an order in which you have to do it in. Everyone is different, it all depends on you how (and if) you choose to transition.
    -Miles

8. Blkrsn

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Update! Turns out to be something completely different...I'll post in a new thread under the help forum... because I need help on it D: