1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How do you relieve your anger

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Chickzak, Jan 28, 2012.

1. Chickzak

I'm curious.. a lot of people just punch their anger out.. just by punching their pillows or using their punch bags or something. I think I prefer writing my feelings down and just ordering them on the paper - but sometimes thats not really enough, you just want to physically hit something to make you feel better.. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

Recently, I've made an online document, sort of like an on-the-comp diary, where I just record my feelings. Its easier 2 hide them that way, than having a diary. Haha, if you're anything like me.. I'll put it in a top secret place where I'll forget where I put it, and for it to be later discovered by one of my siblings.. :eek: aaaaah! :eusa_doh:

So quick question to you guys on EC, what do you guys and girls use most often to relieve your anger and general stresses?

2. BradThePug

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I guess for me it really depends. Sometimes I'll talk to people about it, other times I'll write something. I also have been known to punch pillows and in an extreme case a brick wall (I would not suggest that... all of my fingers ended up being broken. Also, this was my freshman year of high school..so it was a while ago) I also get on the internet and look up sites that have autocorrect fails and news headline fails and just fails in general.

3. Tiny Catastrophe

Sometimes I write how I'm feeling down and that works. Other times I read but I usually play video games. Usually anything that distracts me from what I'm feeling works for me.

4. midwestgirl89

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    With any stress or anger, I usually exercise while listening to music. I either rollerblade or jog. Ice skating is fun too but there's not a rink really close to my house.

Also, I look up rap song lyrics on youtube and sing along to release anger. Nicki Minaj and Eminem help. I have punched a punching bag before and that helped too. I have to get anger out in some physical way so like exercise or through rap. I suck at it but..it helps.

5. Vesper

I post rants on FB, Twitter, and EC, or listen to music to drown away those anger-inducing thoughts.

Once, when I was extremely frustrated at myself for not being able to understand a practice problem for the CPA exam, I kicked my exercise ball so hard that I knocked stuff off my shelf, and punched the door so hard that I bruised my hand (though the door is fine). I did finally figure out how to do that problem, though, and felt so stupid to have hurt myself needlessly.

#5 Vesper, Jan 28, 2012
    Last edited: Jan 28, 2012
  6. Hexagon

Well, I decide to stop being angry... it works.

7. Hazel

Just fume. I don't really do anything. I burn out quick, though.

8. Bolin

I rant/whine/complain on EC (and probably Tumblr now xD ), listen to minor-key classical music, and play fighting games.

9. Zontar

Jack off.

10. IanGallagher

I'm a dude - fight music, working out, and knocking the living shit out of a punching bag lol.

11. Kidd

Kidd Guest

I don't usually get so angry to the point where I need to do something about it, but if I feel really frustrated or upset or whatever, I'll just go for a run. I always feel better afterwards.

12. SiberianHusky

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    hey, yesterday is history tomorrow is a mystery today is a gift. in other words i find its best to forgive and forget. :grin:

13. Markio

I either write on livejournal, go for a walk alone, or do some form of exercise (like walking).

14. Owen

In Loving Memory Full Member

If I've been angry about something for a long time, I'll write about on Tumblr, but I only do that for the really chronic stuff (in other words, I've only done it a few times). Most of the time, for the regular-ol' bouts of anger, I usually put in my headphones, go to the metal section of my iPod, pick an angry song, and blast it way louder than is possibly advisable. These songs usually do the trick:

Dope Nothing for me here w/lyrics - YouTube (mostly for the lyrics. It's one of the more quaint songs in the bunch)
    Rammstein - Mein Teil (Single Version) - YouTube (for those moments of more brooding anger)
    OTEP-SMASH THE CONTROL MACHINE LYRICS - YouTube (another one I like for the lyrics, though this one generally gets more anger out than "Nothing For Me Here")
    PanterA - Suicide Note, Pt 2 - YouTube (This used to be my go-to angry song, but that spot has been taken by the next one.)
    OTEP "Fists Fall" Official Music Video - YouTube (This song is just perfect. It's one of the best songs to listen to when angry that I've ever heard.)

15. Gallatin

I either punch my pillows or bed, go for a walk, go for a drive, or just fume for a bit until I get tired of being angry.

16. Bosco

I am usually able to just let it go and carry on, but when I need some form of release I:
    - gorge on yummy foods that I like
    - pick up my guitar and sing through my stacks of music
    - call up a friend
    - sleep

17. Mlpguy88

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    i never try to punch away my rage, but if i do i'll find something soft, one time i punched a tub of butter.
    but my best stress reliever is to hug my pets. every time i'm at my parents house i have three loving stress relievers if i need to do this(*hug*)

18. WW215

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    What I do to release anger involves a hobby I like I build cinder lock walls and then take a sledge hammer to them

19. needshelp

you know something. i'm a bit angry right now and i was looking at this thread for advice on how to manage it. i feel that i'm passive aggressive to the point where i hide my feelings and then they find their way out during times where they should be locked away.

when i get heated, i try to write my feelings out and it's kind of disturbing some of the things that i say but that's how i feel. i also might throw on some music which is either intense or has an artists, singer or a rapper sounding angry or having some angry lyrics and i'll blurt along with the rapper. either one out of these, those around me go "damn, what the hell is wrong with you?" when they hear me or see what i write.

20. AllthatIknew

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    i play LOUD music, whatever song's I'm feeling at the time and I walk to class (which is usually why I'm angry lol) and smoke weed :wink: and also sharing whatever is upsetting you with your closest friends really really helps (venting is important!!)

---------- Post added 29th Jan 2012 at 02:33 AM ----------

dubstep is really good for release if you like the electronic genre. A song I could suggest is porter unison-knife party remix