1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Discrimination

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by jlg65, Jan 29, 2012.

1. jlg65

I had to write a short paper for english class in which I picked on belief for my personal manifesto. I could have written a book on this but it was a 1 page max. I thought I would share it will all of you :slight_smile:
    Personal Manifesto
    I hold it true in my heart that every human is equal in the eyes of God and thus should be seen as equals in the eyes of all mankind. Since the beginning of our civilization on earth a great evil has intertwined into the lives of man. Discrimination based upon race, gender, sexuality, religious belief, age, nationality, or social ranking. No one of these is less iniquitous than the next, for each has plagued our race since the genesis of our being. God holds each life equal on his great balance and harbors not more love for one soul than another. So why should we debase ourselves and hold unfair judgment on our equals? If each person could look through the eyes of God and see that no one life is more valuable than another, the world would be a much more divine place. It is a malevolent act to place yourself higher than another. Even today as we strive for a more egalitarian world, discrimination mars the homogeneous picture. Separation based upon wealth exists in every nation while religions are persecuted around the world. Women still are denied rights in places and certain races are not welcome in others. Here in America we have made progress. Social equality has come far with the Civil Rights movements but now we face yet another hurtle. Homosexuality has become a focal point for social segregations and discrimination that attracts bigots in every walk of life. I was not alive during the Civil Rights Movement but today I see just as strong of a battle being fought. It disgusts me that a man can preach about the glory and love of God and they turn and cast hate upon the soul that he just claimed God loved. I grow sick when I sit in church and hear the humanistic interpretation of God being cast upon the very children He loves by a self-righteous deacon. For are we all not all His children? God placed me here just as he placed you here. Do we not all deserve to bask in the same divine light that He casts off? I hold the strongest belief that it is the right of every individual to be set in that holy light of equality not only in the eyes of God but in the eyes of man. It is a common Christian belief that while the body dies the soul lives on forever. Does the soul carry with it a skin color, a gender, a material wealth, a sexuality, a nationality, a religious sect? Does God see these things or does God see you?

2. GoogieHowser

GoogieHowser Guest

need........more.........paragraph breaks......eyes...........cant..........read.....all.........of......that.........too.........tired

3. jlg65

haha sorry! it was double spaced in word!

4. GoogieHowser

GoogieHowser Guest

oh i see. I have run afoul of the cursed Word before. I share your pain

5. Vesper

The whole essay is very thought-provoking; I especially love the last two sentences.