1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

So I had a hair-clipping accident

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by phospholipase, Jan 29, 2012.

1. I've cut my hair myself many times before, and sometimes I clip a little bit more off the side than I intend. In fact, just earlier this month I was clipping my hair at home, and I took off a wee bit too much behind my right ear, but it was easy to rectify.

But today... I was using my new hair clipper for the first time, and I had no idea how much hair the shortest attachment setting would take off. Let me tell you, it took off much more than I thought. I ended up evening out the hair on the rest of my head, and my hair is much shorter than it usually is. I'm actually kinda embarrassed, and I'm currently wearing a beanie to cover it from my roommates :icon_redf

Now it's just a couple more weeks until my hair grows back out.
    I'd like to know if anyone else has ever given him or herself a hair accident before.

2. breakingboxes

i had a britney spears moment. no joke i cut my hair to 2 inches and dyed it pink. It was horrible and is still growing out. lol

3. Bolin

I also shave my own head. The last time I did, I accidentally left a big patch of hair in the back of my head (I don't use a mirror, I just feel around to see if it's even). Well, the last time I cut my hair, I was impatient because it was getting really hot in the bathroom, so I didn't check to see if I got it even....and walked around for a few days with a random patch of hair...and my mom and sisters didn't even bother to tell me until long after I cut my hair. :dry:

4. Danny19

yes. when i was in elementary school i wanted to be cool and cut my own hair. I used to see my uncle cut it by himself so i wanted to try. So one day i was in the bathroom i got some scissors and cut in the middle of my head. Now there was a big patch of short hair on my head. It was horrible i had to wait til the next day to fix it because it was night time. And the next day i had a field trip and i spent it all with a hoodie, we were running around that day and i got hot but i still didn't take it off. after that i don't wanna do it again.

the worst i have gone now are my sideburns being uneven and i don't notice til after lol

5. Vesper

Yeah, I took a pair of scissors or shears and tried to cut bangs for myself once, when I was a teenager. That...didn't go so well. My parents still have a photo of me with that hairstyle, in fact, and I cringe when I see it.

#5 Vesper, Jan 30, 2012
    Last edited: Jan 30, 2012
  6. Mlpguy88

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Yes it still happens to me occasionally and I've been cutting my hair myself since I was 13. Whats really embarrassing is when you forget to put the guard on all together.

7. Noir

Lol, I was devastated when I did that to myself last fall!:lol: I wanted to even out my layers and I figured I knew how much I wanted to cut at what length, and it ended up looking like there was a big chunk missing above my right ear! It was awful, but I can laugh at it now. It took one professionally done haircut and a few more weeks to fix it! :rolle:

8. solarcat

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Family only
    I had a job interview back in '07, yeah? But I thought my hair was kinda long. So I decided to cut it. It ended up looking kind of... not horrible but not great. Sure, considering how badly it could have been, it wasn't the best idea, but I got the job anyways.

Every time I cut my hair, I tell myself I'm never doing it again. Then I tell myself, "oh, it's really not that bad," and cut it again. Last time I cut it I sent to a barber afterwards to get it corrected, and she told me I did pretty well (except for the back).

9. Ahh thanks for the stories, everybody :slight_smile:

Sadly, today while I was walking around campus, I couldn't help but look at all the other guys' head/hair. Usually, guys have a good amount of hair growing at the back of their heads. But mine is just kinda shaved. Sigh.

I did spend most of my morning wearing my hoodie, but I just got tired and pulled back my hood. I'm definitely going to remember to SLOWLY and gradually set the guard attachment shorter from now on.

10. Mad Man L

No. In fact, I almost never cut my hair. (The only instance is when I've got a rats tail, or sideburns getting in my ear).