1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Doesn't this sound like the coolest school ever?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Chip, Jan 30, 2012.

1. Chip

Board Member Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    OK, so I'm totally connecting to my hippie-airy-fairy roots, but I just read about this school that sounds REALLY cool. It's very remote, and they do a very intensive schooling that they claim condenses the entire high school education into one year, and includes a lot of consciousness study and other sort of "out there" things.

I think I'm going to order the DVD documentary :slight_smile:

Anyone heard of it, or heard/read about any other nontraditional education settings, such as A.S. Neill's Summerhill?

2. Vesper

Wow, it sure does. The sword-fighting and rifle-shooting really appeal to me. It's too bad I know very little Russian other than what my dad taught me, which is нет (nyet; "no"), спасибо (spasibo; "thank you"), Китай (Kitai; "China"), and до свидания (do svedanya; "goodbye") :lol:.

#2 Vesper, Jan 30, 2012
    Last edited: Jan 30, 2012
  3. DarkClarity

I learnt about Summerhill at college a few months ago. Sounds like a very cool place.

4. LOTRgirl

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    That does sound amazing! I love the idea of actually doing things rather than just sitting at a desk for eight hours a day staring at a whiteboard...