1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sooooo.....there's this guy....

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by PlutonianShore, Jan 31, 2012.

1. PlutonianShore

I've had quite an interesting day today.

His name is Nikki. He's a quiet, introverted 17-year old (just like me) whom no one likes for some reason. We've never really talked before today, besides the occasional warm greeting. Now it just so happens that he sits next to me in Life Orientation, and today when our teacher left us to run some errands in town, I decided to make some small talk with him. I figured that he needed just a little bit of kindness due to the sh1t way people treat him at school.

Turns out we had a lot in common, and we really enjoyed each other's company. And in the meantime, I felt strangely drawn to him. It wasn't, on the whole, a physical attraction but rather this really deep emotional tie I seemed to forge with him. But definitely something more than compatriotism.

So while we were chatting, this voice inside my head urged me to ask him if he was gay. And when I cupped my hands to his ears and asked him, he smiled and said without blinking an eye, "Well, I'm definitely not gay, but I'm definitely not straight either. I do, however, know that you're gay"

Instantaneously our conversation ascended new heights. We talked about the disastrous one night stands we had, our own opinions on homosexuality and our suspicions of certain guys at school (he's in the boarding house so he shares living space with 60% of our grade's guys).

But I could definitely see that he was also drawn to me, since we both couldn't take our eyes off each other afterward during Maths (we sit at direct opposite corners of the classroom)

So this is what I'm going to do: I'm going to befriend the guy. I'm going to hang out with him a lot, invite him with to parties just so that the basic level of intimacy between us is established. Afterwards, if he's prepared to do it, we'll start dating. And we all know what happens after dating.

However, third base isn't the final goal I'm working towards. If iit just so happens that we don't start a relationship, it'll still be cool. Just as long as that mutual bond between us is there.

Just felt I needed to share this :grin: :grin: :grin:

2. jimL

I think that's great that you are going to befriend this guy that just doesn't have very many friends. I'm glad that you were up front with him and you both know where you each stand, sexuality wise that is. I think you might just have a lot of fun even if it doesn't work into a relationship. Good luck and let us know how it goes.