1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What scares you the most?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Alex94, Jan 31, 2012.

?

What scares you the most?

1. Arachnids.

25 vote(s)
    29.1%
  2. Small spaces.

11 vote(s)
    12.8%
  3. Hieghts.

21 vote(s)
    24.4%
  4. Death.

23 vote(s)
    26.7%
  5. Snakes.

4 vote(s)
    4.7%
  6. Drowning.

16 vote(s)
    18.6%
  7. Clowns.

8 vote(s)
    9.3%
  8. Other.

38 vote(s)
    44.2%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Alex94

Alex94 Guest

For me it is drowning, I am not the best swimmer in the world...I guess that is because I am to afraid to get in the water. :icon_redf

2. Bolin

I voted arachnids, drowning, death, clowns, and other. I'm not afraid of small spaces, and I LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOVE snakes. But I'm pretty much afraid of everything else. xD

3. Zontar

Death. I also greatly fear disabling or disfiguring illness, probably because that would all but guarantee I would never find a boyfriend.

4. Alex94

Alex94 Guest

Uh un...me no likey the snakes, not a fan.

---------- Post added 31st Jan 2012 at 02:50 PM ----------

Aw! (&&&)

5. Vesper

Failure, and death.

6. BroadwayDreamer

Out Status:
    All but family
    Heights and blood... eww...

7. Ben

Ben

I'm more uncomfortable with many legged insects than the others on the list. I happen to take great comfort in small spaces.

8. outcast2005

outcast2005 Guest

I have this nightmare that I am going to be the second link in a human centipede... Yeah, I fear that worse than death.

9. No One

I have this severe fear of reflections. Not because I dont like how I look, and I regularly look in my bathroom mirror, but any other mirrors in my house are always covered up and I hate other things that have clear reflections.

10. Wellie Boots

Out Status:
    Some people
    Space. For some reason if I see a picure of any thing like a planet, sun galexy ect, I just start to panic in my head and feel really scared. I had to tape paper over all of the space pictures in my physics text book.

11. nerdvain

My two biggest fears are death (which I voted for) and losing myself.
    I may have some issues occasionally with how I look or sound or act, but we all do. I like myself and see that I am a good person with potential and common sense. What I fear is losing it, changing, and wasting my life like so many in my family have before me. It's kinda really scary.
    I fear death because, like most others, death is the unknown, which is frightening (no matter what your beliefs, you've gotta concede that no one actually knows what happens...cause, y'know, we can't ask dead people). Also because I don't like the thought of the end of my life casting me into nonexistence and oblivion for eternity. No more seeing, no more feeling, no more enjoying. I'll never get to experience what the future of mankind has to offer.
    So I guess for death, it's having an idea (which in itself is scary to me), but not actually knowing.

12. AloneOutHere

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    i'm afraid of heights.. my knees start to shake really bad and i wanna get down ASAP

13. sanguine

LOL i laughed so hard at this one, sorry if i am offending you, im not making fun at all i just found it hilarious

OH and i also want to add in this, you dont have to fear anything, approach it the honey badger style LOL

[YOUTUBE]The Honey Badger doesn't give a crap. If he wants something, he just takes it! - YouTube[/YOUTUBE]

14. OhCrap

OhCrap Guest

^ You'd be surprised, I'm disabled and am with somebody.

I don't like spiders much. I have a couple of really weird fears though, like steam. And meeting somebody famous. *blush*

Those two are serious, BTW. If there's any steam in a room I'm nervous(don't know why). One time I was near a gas station some place and I thought I saw Steven Tyler from Aerosmith. Looking back I don't think it actully was, but at the time it was enough for me to go running in the oposite direction. If I ever seen Anderson Cooper or Jack White somewhere I'd probably have a heart attack and die! xD

15. Owen

In Loving Memory Full Member

I'm extremely defensive of my autonomy and independence. I think the best way to describe it is that when it comes to matters of person well-being, I need to feel like I'm in control, and it makes me extremely nervous when I'm not in control. I've been known to turn down car rides in favor of biking back from somewhere just so I could know that whether I got back or not was entirely in my hands. For that reason, anything that would compromise my ability to do things on my own is something I fear greatly. Something like blindness, or become physically handicapped, or developing a severe mental handicap (like Alzheimer's) terrifies me. Not only would they affect my autonomy, but I'd lose that control over basic things because I would need to depend on others much more just to live day-to-day. I'm also terrified of being a burden on other people. I think I'd honestly prefer euthanasia to something like Alzheimer's.

I'm glad I'm not the only one. I actually find confined spaces comforting. I think claustrophilic describes me very well.

16. NickT

Hi, Nick? Meet Anxiety. Anxiety, Nick. Besties!

17. vyvance

Hmm... That's a tough one. I'm scared of dying not because I am afraid of death itself, but more because I'm afraid of dying before I do everything I want to do in life. I.E. Get my Doctorate, travel the world, etc.. I'm fine with dying. I just want it to happen after I feel content with my lifelong accomplishments.

18. Mlpguy88

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I went with "other", my worst fear is public speaking. Although alot of fears that I don't have I can understand, honestly is there any person that actually likes being around clowns.

19. duriru

I'm afraid of failure. Sometimes if I lose at something I consider important, I can feel physically ill, and it feels like a blow to my self-esteem, even if I don't have control over it. That's why I don't like betting or competing, unless I know for sure I'll win/succeed. I also don't pursue things that I know won't last/work. That's why I wouldn't want a casual relationship with someone, but rather a serious one.

Also, I'm afraid of criticisms, because they tend to stick with me for longer than they should. Like for example, one day a friend made a joke about my nose, and since that day I don't like my nose anymore. I didn't have a problem with it 'till then.

I don't like heights. But I'm not afraid of them. I only dislike them when there's nothing to grab on to, and I feel like I will involuntary jump or something like that. I don't have a problem with roller coasters though.

20. GoinStag

In Loving Memory

Tornadoes are probably my biggest phobia next to not knowing what's going to happen after I die.