1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Wouldn't it be cool!

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by lodiug, Dec 25, 2007.

1. lodiug

If there was this big EC meeting somewhere and we'd all go and meet each other in person..It would be pretty cool..we could hang out and talk about everything....

2. Ty

Ty Guest

Yeah it would be cool =]
    But if some random pedophile who stumbled on this page saw a group of gay teens meeting up somewhere....

+ alot of us are scattered around the world =[

3. sngl

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Well that would be quite cool! But I'm quite sure there will be no official EC meeting ever, since members are from all over the world and also because that is way beyond the purpose of EC.

But an unofficial meeting could be arranged I think, like for ex. there are lots of people from the UK, you could all meet up once :icon_bigg

4. SpikySpice

Yeah, an EC meeting, entertaintment

but we are most under 18, transportation is the biggest problem

But I knwo a couple of people on here who live in my state, but nheh, never meet them

5. Jeimuzu

### do them a lot, apparently. And this forum is much more centralised in England than ###, I've found. ### never manages a UK meetup, although there are plans in the works... again.

6. SpikySpice

I would never live in hawaii, so far from everybody, most peopel I knwo are from the US and UK

7. Ty

Ty Guest

UK EC meet up.... lets say.... Oxford? XD

8. xxAngelOnFirexx

we're too scattered. i suppose if everyone close wanted to. like i know there is a handful in MI. but i'd never do it. too risky. we could all wear EC stuff and if we happen to meet someone then fine. i'd more opt to that. but meeting is impossible. and of course has nothing to do with the meaning. if you want to meet a ton of gay people check your local towns things. i know detroit has a ton of things. i'm yet to check any of them out though. downtown isn't exactly safe.

9. Steam Giant

Yeah, this has been brought up several times before, and while it would be awesome, it'd totally implausible. First of all, many of EC's members are underage. Even if we take every step to ensure their safety, simply asking an underage user to meet strangers that they only know online is only encouraging the same kind of unsafe activity in the future, which could ultimately lead to tragedy.

Second, as Morgan pointed out, we're really way too scattered. We have members practically all over the globe. Even a meeting confined to a more local area would be a hastle, requiring many members to arrange for air travel, hotel lodging, etc.

There was a third reason, but I can't recall it right now, heh. But those are the two biggest reasons why this idea tends to get shot down pretty quickly.

10. sdc91

It would be cool, but I don't really think it's plausible, for reasons listed above.

Although in about 2 months I'll have a free flight with Southwest Airlines to anywhere in the U.S. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

11. crimsonarcher

Not that much people in California...

12. CrimsonThunder

I'm meeting a few people here in Melbourne when I go. And I've met Davo =D

13. Jonnnnn16

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    I wouldn't mind meeting these EC members.

14. DJ Sweetz

Grrrr why do I have to live in Hawaii?! It's too far from everybody >_<

15. Hydrogen

I would love to meet some of you guys. (I really want to meet beckyg in person... she seems so awesome.)

However, I doubt we could have a meet-up, most of you are too young to travel, and we are all over the world. Right now I think the only thing we could manage would be like a skype video conference.

16. SkyTears

I think the person that lives the closest to me is becky and that is still a long drive if we met half way so *cry* yeah.

17. dictionary

I'd be scard of child predators like i say im 15 year old teenager but whats stoping me from being 57 year old child predator?

Not saying i am or anyone else here is a phedofile or that people at the age of 57 are child predotors....

18. Ty

Ty Guest

A HA!

I've found your secrect, dictionary >.> I knew it!

19. CrimsonThunder

Yeah he kinda threw that one out a bit too randomly for him not to be one. *cancels trip to melbourne*

:grin:

20. CelebrityHead

We could all have nametags that have our names, usernames, and avatars! That would be so cool! (if, of course it was possible)

NOOOOOO!!!