1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Down-low

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by panda, Dec 25, 2007.

1. panda

In my ongoing research of my sexuality I came upon this term.In some ways it's another term for being in the closet.
    Moreover it's applied to married guys who hide their gay side.
    Often referring to black or Hispanic guys.

Once again if my computer skills were better, but this is the only way I can direct.

keithboykin.com down-low

2. surfrboykai

i don't think it's so much applied to married dudes as much as it applies to dudes who are hiding their sexuality in general. and i also consider it different than people are in the closet.

i, personally, fully disagree with this path chosen. it's one thing to be in the closet and try to hide their sexuality from people, but dudes on the DL are full on i denial about it. most, not all, will go around having unprotected anal (the dude on the DL is usually the top) and then go home and have sex with their girlfriend, unprotected, as if nothing ever happened. dudes on the DL believe that, since they eventually go home to their girlfriends, that nothing is wrong.

they think that they're not gay. after all, to the dude on the DL, sleeping with guys is "just fun" and "just a release." or, "dudes do things my girl won't, and i need these things!"

so yah, my opinion on dudes on the DL is very low. but like, i do think that being in the closet and being on the DL are way different