1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

fashion...

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Qevin, Dec 26, 2007.

1. Qevin

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    i am a person who can't follow fashion...

but, i want to follow...

so i want to ask you all...

what are the most up-to-date fashion for a teenage male for now?

if available, picture please...

2. CrimsonThunder

Well I heard that this is new the fashion to pick up chicks.

[​IMG]

Seeing your gay, probably not your style. :grin:

3. Qevin

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    duh!

it's so iuh!

i won't wear that in my whole life!

if, i wear that, my head will be smacked by nail bat!

4. Ty

Ty Guest

Prada, D&G, Armani, Versace the list is endless! If your really terribly stuck, then watch William Sledd, his videos would help a newbie in the world of fashion ^_^

5. CelebrityHead

Dunno if it's the same in Indonesia, but here in Melbourne, a lot of teenage guys wear the bright coloured t-shirts with bright bold writing and pictures on them.

One brand that produces these clothes is 'Travisty'. A lot of my friends have these brand t-shirts and I reckon they look pretty alright :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

There's a few here on Aussie eBay:
    link

6. CrimsonThunder

Eww

And yet again, I'm glad I don't follow "fashion" :grin:

7. CelebrityHead

I don't actually wear them because they don't suit my body type. I've got tiny arms and shoulders, and these are really meant for sports jocks/athletic guys.

8. davo-man

I wear whatever mkesme feel comfortable and it seems to work for me, but I guess that's not "fashion". But my sis manages a surf shop, and lookin atthe prices on most of her stuff, it had better be fashionable for the prices you have to pay for it

9. Defender

Defender Guest

I don't follow it, I just wear whatever I like. Usually jeans and a T-shirt. Clothes are fairly expensive >.<. I need new jeans at the moment, my current ones are wrecked around the heels. *Really* wrecked :grin: .

10. Spark

Spark Guest

I don't think you should worry about all the new fashion trends out there.

Nothing is better than being yourself:slight_smile:

11. davo-man

Hehe I accidently bought jeans that were a size too big, so they are wAAAAy too long for my legs...because of this, I always used to step on the back of them until they wore out and now the front is about four inches (not sure why I used imperial measure) longer than the back...talk about wrecked

12. Latinokid

Latinokid Guest

Well im in NY sooo alot of fashion things going on here.....most of the teens around here go with the thug,baggy jeans,hoddies loook, or they go with the tight shirts, u know polos,matching shoes and sometimes belts, tight jeans, and a matching sweater that goes with it. For example you can wear....some nice tight jeans from A&E =], a striped horizontaly gray and white shirt, a white hoodie, and some black converse or black and white or u can go with the ones i have black and gray stripes verticaly =] oh and i have a skull belt =] but i dont show it sometimes lol....and maybe u can spike your hair..

13. JSG

JSG Guest

hey davo-man consider yourself lucky. The current summer trend in gay Paris is exactly what you bought, slightly large straight jeans upturned at the bottom. Not in style now but all the rage this summer in Paris, trust me. Ill post pic when I come back in france.
    I was thinking about writing articles for the EC magazine, about many different topics including fashion, I just have to find the time.

Anyway if you want to follow the fashion ( Diesel, aussiebum, yves saint laurent, Cartier, etc) be ready to spend ALOT of money. Karl Lagerfeld tshirt 2400€ Cartier watch 9870€ those numbers are not made up trust me. There are of course style for people with a normal budget but nice clothes are expensive ( I know I went to the extreme with Haute Couture, but that IS fashion).

14. Qevin

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    wow! i like latino kids' idea! but well, like JSG said, fashionable is expensive... and thx for the advice, spark!

15. Latinokid

Latinokid Guest

Well you could just buy like outfits that manequins have..but you could do your own thing and just shop at different stores and pick stuff out from different ones and make your own style...Btw what kind of clothes do you wear now?

16. Micah

It's really all about the style and look that you want to go for...or that you feel suits you.

For example, some 'groups' will see you as fashionable if you wear tight fitting, bright coloured clothes.

While others will see you as fashionable if you wear mostly black clothes, eye liner and perhaps a band t-shirt.

The best thing you can do is go to a magazine store and flick through some fashion magazines, since there are heaps of different looks that you can go for. Pick a look, buy the magazine, and try find clothes similiar to that particular style.

These are some of the styes which are really hitting melbourne at the moment.

Pretty-boy /
    [​IMG]

Electro Metro
    [​IMG]

Emo
    [​IMG]

Full electro
    [​IMG]

There are a whole bunch more but I think you get the idea. If you can't find a style that suits you, or you become too overwhelmed there are a few things you can do which I'll get to in a few minutes :wink:

17. sngl

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I am really bad at picking the right clothes. My sense of fashion = almost nonexistent :confused:

But pretty boy above is hot btw :lol:

18. Latinokid

Latinokid Guest

pretty boy is cool...but i like full electro loooks fun

19. davo-man

Hehe in the Pretty Boy one he's wearing a tie for a belt, reason its funny is that I did that at Schoolies like the whole time and didnt even know that it was fashionable to do so...I had merely forgotten to bring a belt

As a side note,Im terrible at packing. For a week at the beach, I packed 5 jackets, only 2 short sleeve tops, no belt and two pairs of shoes...I need help in the packing department

20. Micah

One of the simplest, and easiest "fashion styles" is the simple Jeans and tshirt for guys. Basically this involves picking a pair of jeans, then a tshirt that matches or goes well with the jeans, and chuck on some shoes and accessories.

jeans

When buying your jeans, there are a few things to consider:
    -"Straight cut" legs are the normal style these days
    -Always take a friend or someone else with you when buying a pair of jeans
    -Don't settle when it comes to the fit of the jeans...a pair of jeans can be expensive and you'll be wearing them a lot.
    -Dark Blue or Grey jeans are usually the best "first pair" of jeans as they go with lots of different things.
    -If your jeans are too long, roll them up at the bottom of the legs. It's pretty hot :wink:

tshirts

Once you have your pair of jeans you can work on the tshirts. Your body type will determine your fit, but try to be a bit different. If you usually wear larger, baggier tshirts, try something a little tighter fitting. If you only wear tight ts, try something baggier, and roll up the sleaves. The best thing about the tshirts are that you'll already have a bunch at home.

shoes

Shoes can be a bit harder because they can be really expensive. If you only have one pair of "good" shoes, go down to kmart/bigw/cheapo clothes store and pick up a pair of really cheap, plain white shoes (Such as Dunlop Volleys). This way you'll have a pair of dressy shoes for going out, and some plain shoes for chilling. Having more than one pair of shoes helps to mix things up a little.

Another idea for shoes is wearing thongs with your jeans. They're about $20 a pair and really good in summer.

Accessories

Belts/sweatbands/watches/necklaces/bracelets etc can all be mixed and matched to keep your look fresh. A few tips:

-If you have a dark pair of jeans, and a dark tshirt, try to separate them by a light coloured belt.
    -If you're tall (5"10 or over) try wearing a pair of short shorts. You'd be surprised how good they can look.
    -A silver medicine bracelet looks classy from far away :wink:
    -Your hair is just as much a part of your outfit as your clothes. If you have longer hair you can easily change it too. Play around and be adventurous.
    -Have a really cool, out there idea? Want to wear your belt on your arm? Cut holes through your awesome coloured socks and wear them as gloves? DO IT! Fashion is all about being experimental, new and fresh. Just remember that if you do something new, its about feeling comfortable doing it, and confident as well. If you aren't confident about your looks then it doesnt matter what you're wearing...Confidence is the key in portraying your image.

Goodluck!

Heres a pic of what I threw together one morning. Basically its a pair of my short shorts, with my crappy plain $20 shoes, a bright coloured singlet, with a black cardigan draped over the top. :wink:

[​IMG]