1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

first female prime minister of pakistan assinated

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by surfrboykai, Dec 27, 2007.

1. surfrboykai

2. Negasta

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    This will probably lead to civil war in Pakistan and the takeover of the country by the Mad Lovers of Mohamed. That is of course intolerable considering that Pakistan possesses nuclear weapons, meaning that America will probably intervene, but probably not before the Islamic fundamentalists have nuked a couple of Indian cities.

World War III, here we come!!!

3. ethene

i'm pretty sure that Pakistan will now fall into decay.

4. Jeimuzu

Well, that's everything down the toilet. She was the one hope for Pakistan that I could see, and now they're stuck with Musharraf. Who, in my opinion, probably had something to do with it, because from what I could see Bhutto was the only real threat to his presidency.

5. AzThRg0

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    no! ugh I was watching this for a while and I had really hoped it would not come to this. She seemed like a good leader. Its all gonna go to hell now :frowning2:

6. panda

Don't get too carried away.The Bhutto family has long been associated with corruption.Her husband can't return to Pakistan because of criminal charges against him.There is the nasty rumour that she had something to do with her brothers death.Lets let the people of Pakistan sort it out instead of making dire predictions of the end of the world.

7. domus

domus Guest

I would have said it was the end of the world if this happend to any of Pakistan's neighbors (except Afghanistan) but let's face it, India can more than handle Pakistan and now they can go all out on them unlike before {correct me but don't they have nukes as well?}, China WILL NOT allow Pakistan's troubles to seep out of its borders eaastward (indirectly halting radical elements in Indonesia from growing).
    As I see it, central and southeast Asia are zones filled with large centralized nations who benefit and promote the weakness of their neighbors. Myanmar, Pakistan, Afghanistan, Mongolia and Nepal are all faltering nations living in the shadows of ancient giants.
    Most people liked Bhutto and now they're calling her a martyr. I think before she died she has set in the works (atleast prematurly) a machine that will revolutionize Pakistan. Without major military backing from the Pakistan armies, the radical Islams will not get too far. Musharraf is not a great replacement but atleast he's moderate enough to be swayed by the West.
    At the worst scenario, Pakistan would try something bold and suceed in killing quite a few people in one of its neighboring countries but then everyone will clamp down on them possibly partitioning the country for the sake of "peace". I don't advocate war but the entire region from Egypt to Pakistan has had unsolved problems and halfway solutions now that we're in the "Age of Diplomacy and meddling in everything" it has been preventing from truly solving anything. All I'm saying is that most of the leaders of this region since WWI have been passing on a growing ticking time bomb and 'diplomacy' needs to be screwed when facing civil unrest for the sake of political harmony.

8. dictionary

omg..... yeah im realy sure there elections are going to be democratic now....

9. Jonnnnn16

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    I smell omens brewing...

10. Rette

Well, it's a little early to say that Musharaff had anything to do with it. Bhutto had a LOT of enemies. She had promised to crack down on extremists, and has had multiple threats on her life.

Musharaff's not exactly a nice person, but I don't think he's stupid; he would have to know that doing something as extreme as assassinating Bhutto would dangerously destabilize the country.

Although, on the other hand, the timing's interesting. There's an election coming up in January, and Bhutto seemed likely to win. Hmm.

EDIT: It should also be interesting to see what happens in Kashmir over the next year or so. If any sort of civil war were to erupt in Pakistan, I wouldn't be surprised to see India seize an opportunity.

#10 Rette, Dec 27, 2007
    Last edited: Dec 27, 2007
  11. dictionary

Australian news is reporting that it has been claimed by alkihda (if thats how you spell it)

and they also say the previous explosion she survied was alkidas responcability

12. ethene

by 'alkida' you mean Al-Qaeda?

13. Jeimuzu

Oh, I don't think he directly had an influence, I just think the assassin supported Musharraf.

14. Kimi

I agree.

I think so. That's what I heard when I saw news on TV last time.

15. Sam

Sam

There had been many attempts to try to kill her so it doesn't surprise me that it eventually happened its sad though, this world is crazy.

16. Paul_UK

Paul_UK Guest

I may sound like an old git here, but over the last 25 years or so there have been several situations where people have said it would cause World War 3 or whatever, and it hasn't happened.

Of course that doesn't mean it won't happen, just that I don't think it is very likely.

Indeed this soon after Iraq I think it is less likely that Bush and Brown would want to rush into another unpopular conflict.

17. 24601

Bush seems willing enough to spur another unnecessary and unpopular conflict with Iran, so I highly doubt the popularity of these issues matters a whole lot to him. I'm skeptical about the U.S. becoming involved over there, despite our apparently "close" ties with Pakistan, but I can't say it would surprise me. That being said, although there is potential for this all to escalate, I also doubt the imminence of WW3.