1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

looks like i might be getting laid off from my wack job

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by needshelp, Feb 11, 2012.

1. needshelp

even though i hated that job, i've been job hunting in my field and so far haven't got any luck yet. :bang: don't care too much about this job anyway except for the little cash it put in my pocket. i don't want to end up on the same boat about 6 years ago when i was down to 8 dollars in my bank account with a school fee hanging over my head. this is going to push my plans back.

#1 needshelp, Feb 11, 2012
    Last edited: Feb 11, 2012
  2. dreamcatcher

Oh wow that's terrible! I don't have much advice to give you except to hang in there and keep looking for a job. I know a lot of people move to a different area if they're having a lot of difficulty. If you had the money, maybe you could move somewhere else and start fresh. New job, new life. Anyways, sorry about your plans. Good luck :slight_smile:

3. kirbycat

I know how you feel...I've been looking for a job in my field for the past 5 or 6 months without luck. And with student loans hanging over my head, I can't afford to move. I'm also planning to start grad school this fall, so I'm not desperate to find anything long-term right now--although I'd really like to work and save as much money as I can before going back to the life of a poor student. Such an annoying situation to be stuck in.

Hang in there...something will come your way eventually. And if you can't find anything in your current field, maybe this could be a perfect opportunity to explore different career options?

4. needshelp

you know, that's the prob. the job market is that screwed up where recent graduates can't even get jobs. it's annoying and disheartening. i feel as if i made a mistake even going to school or staying at that lousy job for as long as i did. for real, this whole job hunting thing is :***:

that's the dream. if i can get some distance away from family and friends, i think it would help me with my whole life in general but i'm stuck in new jersey and i'm broke. :bang: