Do you have gay parents?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Asyl, Feb 12, 2012.

1. Asyl

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I was absolutely touched when I was eating at a local cafe, and had been talking to a stranger at the table next to me.

We had just started off chatting about various things, computers and whatnot, but he eventually told me about how his father was gay, but how his mother, his numerous other brothers, sisters, and he all accepted his father. They all loved him, despite having been married to a female, and having had 6 children (I think it was 6.. maybe 5).

I had no doubt that the father was a great father, but I've heard stories about how people hold it against gay males that they were so closeted so as to get involved with a woman so deeply. So, this story was really cool to me, but then I started wondering how common this was.

So, if you don't mind my asking, how many people here have a gay mother/father, or know a friend in that position? It's really nice to know that people can be so understanding.

2. stephaniko

my mother has had a few girlfriends since my parents divorce and she is really amazing, she helped me understand that there is nothing wrong with being different than what people expect.

3. Mimerio

Mine aren't but I think i remember a friend of mine telling me his mother was bisexual

4. Hexagon

My mother might be a kinsey 1 or 2.

5. Alex94

Alex94 Guest

Mine aren't, I think it would prob. be a bit easier if they were...

6. reov3596

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Well women tend to flirt with my mom.. Lol, she even gives me the lesbian vibe. I swear she's closeted.

7. SiberianHusky

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
  8. secretguyX

Nope, my dad passed away but he was completely straight. My mom is completely straight too.

9. Beachboi92

i dont know about my dad (i have questioned it) but i do know my mom is bi or pan she said she was open to a relationship with a woman.

10. Browncoat

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I highly doubt it, but with the way my father occasionally talks about LGBT persons...it really seems like someone close once came out to him. It's one of the few topics where I see any non-cynical/hateful emotion pronounce in him. The cognitive dissonance in particular, between "gay people are normal" and "I don't like the idea of two guys being together" is very, very suspicious..

Edit: But I do question my sister's sexuality though. Would not be shocked if she eventually came out as bi, despite her religious affiliations. (I better hope she would never find this site or this post though :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:).

#10 Browncoat, Feb 14, 2012
    Last edited: Feb 14, 2012
  11. jimL

Wow! This hits home. After I came out to my parents (mom and step dad) last summer my mom told me, at a later date, that when I was three that my dad showed up with a boy friend. I was completely shocked. I wish she would have told me many years ago cuz he passed away five years ago.....I would have loved to have talk to him about it. An opportunity I will never have.

12. Greenly79

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    My parents aren't gay, but I've worked with kids whose parents were. The most beautiful family was these men that had adopted two boys a bit later in life. The way they doted on them was really sweet. But the discrimination they face on a daily basis, just going to a restaurant or to the park is intensified by the fact that one of their sons is black and one is of middle eastern descent. It was so sad. There were even teachers that didn't want the three year old to participate in the mother's day crafts, etc, but luckily they didn't get anywhere with that. We just left the word "mom" out. They were highly involved in a really supportive group for gay parents, which a lot of the bigger cities seem to have.
    My favorite thing was that the boy wasn't old enough to understand that his family wasn't like everyone else's -- it was just his family, and he loved them like a child should love their parents. We could learn a lot from that, I think.