1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

deadpan humor

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by flyinhernikes, Feb 12, 2012.

1. does anyone appreciate this type of humor?

i dont 'try' to be funny, but im quite sarcastic and no one gets it.... :bang:

2. starfish

I heart deadpan humor.

3. GoogieHowser

GoogieHowser Guest

i'd say you're succeeding at neither....

jk!

4. Danny19

yea. i like it.. thats how i am sometimes.. or even when I'm mad i just ramble and say dumb shit and my friends laugh because what i say is funny and i don't notice until i repeat it lol

5. Owen

In Loving Memory Full Member

Deadpan is a big part of my style of humor, though I don't use sarcasm. I'll generally either say something completely ridiculous with a straight face (I'm very good at that), or when faced with something ridiculous that someone else has accidentally said, I'll raise a hand up with pointer finger extended and give a succinct "Um..." or "Now...", followed by their name, said as if I'm about to point out the logical inconsistency with what they've said. Sometimes I do, but sometimes what they've said speaks for itself. Among my circle of friends, it always makes people laugh.

6. DarkClarity

Well, I love it.

7. Vesper

This is one of my favorite, if not my favorite, types of humor. It seems to be a good indicator of intelligence and/or a good education.