1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Eurovision Song Contest 2012

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by sokk, Feb 13, 2012.

1. sokk

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    I didn't know where to put this, but I figured I might as well put it here, considering this thread might get long, depending on how many ESC fans are on EC :slight_smile:

I know this thread is early, the competition is not until May, but the European countries are choosing their songs these days, so I thought it would be nice with a discussion about the entries, and who has the best chance of winning.

Who is your favorite? Who would you like to win?

2. The song haven't really been that impressive so far, but here are my favorites:

Hungary

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bwqrTPXjc1w[/YOUTUBE]

Switzerland

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B3vUIoqwHTM[/YOUTUBE]

3. sokk

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Hungary is nice, and I LOVE the message, but I doubt it will reach far, because it's kinda "boring", it's not very catchy, and I think ESC songs need to be catchy.

I do like Switzerland a lot, it's quality music, which is rare in ESC, but I don't know if this either is "catchy" enough to reach far in ESC, the verse is not that easy to remember and I doubt it'll be a hit, and it's not that up-tempo either.

I know I'm biased, but I REALLY like our entry this year! It's the first time in years that I'm proud of our song, because I think it's very catchy and up-beat. Oh yeah, and it also doesn't hurt that the guy singing is extremely good looking :slight_smile:

Norway: Tooji - Stay

[Youtube]QdHnenxPPnc[/Youtube]

Maybe I have weird taste, but I think the most entries are awful this year.. Malta is horrible, Denmark is pretty but it's not a winner song, and neither are Hungary or Switzerland.

I really like Iceland though:

[Youtube]hjI8luzAKTI[/Youtube]

4. Rob999

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    I don't really like the norwegian song, but I'll agree, the singer is very attractive. :icon_wink

I'm not really a Eurovision follower, but I'll come back soon with my favourite anyway seeing as I'm on this thread. :slight_smile:

5. After hearing it a few more times, the Icelandic song is starting to grow on me :slight_smile:

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-DnNN2iIARE[/YOUTUBE]

6. sokk

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    I love Iceland too! It's so beautiful and mesmerizing <3 I think they're probably our biggest competition so far.. beside Cyprus. Everyone seems to looove Cyprus for some reason :S

I also don't understand the love for the Danish song.. it's nice, but boring in my eyes. It's a quality song, and probably better than most songs, but this means it doesn't really fit into ESC, it's not catchy enough..

So far we are among the favorites, so I am happy about that, but also kinda worried.. many songs have not been picked yet, and we still have to go through a very difficult semifinal where all the eastern european countries vote for each other :frowning2: I still hope he'll go through to the final though!

But damn.. I'm so in love with our guy this year, he is pretty much PERFECT in every way, he is beautiful on the outside and on the inside.. he works in the children welfare system in Oslo, helping kids, often traumatized, and he's often at asylum centers.. he said he wanted to use his fame through ESC to spread the words about kids in asylum centers, because these are often traumatized and often fall outside of the law.. like.. how perfect isn't that? He's also so down to earth and sooo nice, humble and polite, he ALWAYS thanks his fans and he is so grateful for all our support, and he's even nice to the media! BTW.. the media here nicknamed him "The Prince of Persia", since he's originally from Iran, came here when he was one year old, and he's SO good looking! People say he was born to play a Disney prince.. haha, it's so cute :slight_smile: He used to be a model, and you can totally tell.. he used to work for MTV Norway too.

And I don't like to speculate about someone's sexuality, but yeah.. I think he is gay. He comes across as gay. He hasn't come out yet though, if he is gay that is.. he said he doesn't want to talk about his private life, and I totally respect that, he also has to be a role model for the kids, so it's totally understandable! And who knows.. there might be the odd chance that I'm wrong.. the song is what matters anyway, not his sexuality, soo.. :slight_smile: and I hope he reaches far, because he's honestly the nicest guy ever, and he deserves this so much!

7. They changed the Icelandic song to English -.- But I still like it :grin:

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GeZuPCGX6qY[/YOUTUBE]

Iceland's got my vote.