1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Why did you transition?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Hexagon, Feb 13, 2012.

1. Hexagon

For all transpeople who have or want to transition, why? What about living as your birth sex makes life so unbearable? And what did you have to consider before deciding to transition (dealing with family, society)?

This is my story:
    I have very serious gender dysphoria. Clearly, medical transition solves the physical aspects of gender dysphoria. But before I transitioned, I was always lost, and everything was different than it was supposed to be, so much that I tried to kill myself to make the confusion end. I felt disgusted every time someone tried to box me as a girl. And I just couldn't live with the difference between who I was and what my body was.

When I decided to transition, I considered no one but myself. I know that was selfish, but I was at a point where I didn't have the emotional capacity to care about anything other than escaping. Regardless, I'd make the same decision now.

What about you?