1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Anybody have plans for New Year's Eve?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by beckyg, Dec 28, 2007.

1. beckyg

beckyg Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    My friend Joey is having a party to celebrate domestic partnerships being legal in Oregon on January 2nd. Two of our mutual friends are getting "domestically partnered" so we're going to be celebrating that while bringing in the New Year.

2. Kimi

Hmm...not much.
    I think I'll be with my family doing Japanese traditional things...How fun!!...no, not really.

And I'll be watching movies and TV shows on our new flat screen tv:grin:

3. sngl

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'll be partying for 3 days and 3 nights with some friends in a house in the middle of the forest :icon_bigg Well I just hope we can drive all the way to the house because this time of the year there's lots of snow, like at least 60-70 cm

4. CrimsonThunder

Party as usual.

5. step49x

Sit around the house. Like I've been doing for the last week.

6. lodiug

Shooting fireworks at my friends house. She lives just around the corner...so I go every year...and everyone and I mean EVERYONE shoots fireworks! Everywhere you look you see awesome fireworks in the air! And everystreet is covered with smoke! It's pretty cool!

7. JayHew

In Loving Memory Regular Member

The usual, I will fix a nice dinner. I guess this year I would just like it much simpler, so will be turkey with the trimmings instead of like last year when I did up fillet mignon with a blue cheese, light onion, mushroom stuffing and a wine blue cheese sauce. Then at the appropriate time fireworks. Lots of fireworks. Will be getting mortars today.

We save all the fireworks for winter holidays up here as the 4th of July there is 23 hours of sun and an hour of bright twilight. So now is the time we can celebrate all the holidays with the fireworks. Will be out there lighting off for about an hour or so. Tonight it is suppose to be about -20 or so F. Likely on New Years it will be about the same. Still I look forward to it all.

8. Nodnarb

I might participate in the illegal shooting of fireworks.(They are illegal in Iowa) When your grandparents practically run the town you get some benefits from police:icon_wink Every year we put on the biggest 4th of July fireworks show around, and now we're branching into New Years

Other than that....not much

9. Paul_UK

Paul_UK Guest

I am working new years day and we don't usually do much for New Year, so it'll be just another day.

10. Rette

New Years is always one of the biggest parties of the year for me, and I doubt this year will be any different. Actually, the first new years after I turned 18 taught me where my drinking limit was (I think we all have to find that one out the hard way...but hey, I've never crossed that line again)

11. Ty

Ty Guest

New years is generally just another day...
    If im lucky, we'll go to london and watch the fireworks. if not, just watch the fireworks on tv.

FUN FUN!

12. CelebrityHead

I'll be bringing in the new year, hopefully not passed out, at my friend's party. Should be a good night.

13. Jamie

Drammen, Norway (from England originally).
    OOOoo in true British fashion I shall be ridiculously drunk/merry when bringing in the new year :slight_smile:

For such a small town, where I live does have a very highly disproportionate amount of pubs... and that's defo a good thing :slight_smile:

14. Grof142007

ill be on the cpu like i am now nothing special i might step out back and watch ppl set off fireworks.

15. s5m1

My chef must have taken the night off to prepare the feast at JayHew's, so I guess I will have to settle for a quiet night at home.

16. suburbs_of_sodom

Northern Virginia...neither here nor there
    Probably just the usual: hang out at my friend's house and watch movies until midnight, at which point we watch the ball drop, grumble how we're all single, and declare that kissing people at new years is stupid. Then I'll go home while everyone else sleeps over (I'm the only guy...I know, I'm a stereotype, shut up) and wake up the next day to all my unstarted homework. It should be fun.

17. Hollywood

me and 2 or 3 of my best friends are gonna go get drunk together. maybe camping? we'll see.

18. sexyalex

i plan to get drunk after going to see fireworks at the waterfront ^^
    then go home and spend the rest of the night in bed with a nice bottle of whisky beside me =O
    lol

19. jroakwood

i think im going to a minnesota wild hockey game, and then partying afterwards. =)