1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Four Eyes

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by lowdownweather, Feb 16, 2012.

1. lowdownweather

2. Artemicion

I did wear glasses before...but now i wear contacts, night time hard contacts. Wear them to sleep, take them out during the day. They correct my vision temporarily only, but it's nice not having to wear anything at all during the day.

3. Bolin

I wear glasses...my old optometrist said that contacts would be a bit troublesome for me since I have astigmatism, and astigmatism affects the actual shape of the eyeballs. I'm fine with just glasses either way. I don't have to worry about constantly poking around my in my eyes.

4. Maddy

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I've worn glasses for the better part of my life, at the moment just thin silver oval frames. They've become part of my face by now.

5. NoPlanB

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I've had glasses for as long as I can remember and contacts for about a year or two.

I alternate between the two depending on my outfit.

6. midwestgirl89

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I wear glasses. They're technically kid's/teen's glasses because I can't fit into women's sizes...I can fit in women's petite glasses though.

7. Aya McCabre

I need glasses... just as soon as I can afford to get my eyes checked....

8. Ben

Ben

I have contacts. I do have astigmatism as well, so it was difficult to find ones which agreed with my eyes, but my contacts are great. I just really don't like wearing glasses.

9. splattered

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    I wear glasses and contacts. (not at the same time). I had an astigmatism in 2009 which oddly went away. (imagine that one). Who knows if I ever really had it but I was experiencing a very manic episode when I was examined and spent the next year recovering. I've wondered if there is a correlation between the bright manic lights of my brain or something and an astigmatism. kind of funny I wonder about that. My eye doctor was found out that he was living a double life. (he had two families, 2 wives, crazy right?) And at the time I didn't exactly want what he had I just envied sort of the ability to conn like that. I wouldn't use it like that but anyways I made the exam very difficult. Ok I'm rambling. Sorry. Yes I do wear corrective lenses.

10. Fiddledeedee

I don't wear glasses yet, but Dad does full-time and Mum does for reading, so I probably will have to.

11. Kerze

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I have reading glasses, sometimes I wear them for long periods if I can't be bothered to put them away, but usually I just get them out when I sit down to do work.

12. GlindaRose

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I wear contact lenses but I have glasses for times where I'm not wearing the lenses. These are my frames:

[​IMG]

13. Owen

In Loving Memory Full Member

I wear glasses. I've never considered getting contacts because they seem like too much hassle. With glasses, I can just put them on and take them off, just like that. I've worn glasses since first grade, so like Maddy said, they're part of my face now.

14. Ethan

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Currently rocking these babies:
    [​IMG]

15. duriru

I usually wear contacts, but these last few months I've only worn my glasses, because I'm exposed daily to formaldehyde, and that irritates my eyes a lot when I wear contacts. I always wear glasses when I'm home, and contacts when I go out.

16. steel03

I've worn glasses since ca. 3rd grade, when I asked for an eye appointment because I was jealous of my friends who were getting glasses (and then it turned out I actually needed them). I can't do contacts because I have the kind of low blood pressure where I faint if you put pressure on my eyes - which I know from a memorable experience involving a piece of glass, a tiny town in Indiana, numbing eye drops, and watching a little drill penetrate my lens.
    Sometimes I wish I didn't have glasses, but I wouldn't want to get laser eye surgery or anything. It's too much a part of who I am. I look really different without glasses.

17. needshelp

have been wearing glasses for the past 11 years now. i had glasses since 96 but i didn't wear them because i thought i looked geeky and stupid in them. well, my own ignorance came to haunt me when my vision went from bad to worse. it got to the point where i just couldn't see squat in my freshman year of high school and it affected my grades so i decided to man up and wear them. took me sometime to get used to them when i first put them on. now i wear them like it's nothing. they are basically me.

18. Random Dent

Random Dent Guest

I wear glasses. :grin:

19. Valeyard

I've worn glasses since kindergarten, actually. I'm the only farsighted one in my immediate family, and my twin's the only left-handed one. Plus, when we were born, if you compared sight levels with my brother, you'd end up with a pair of normal eyes.

20. FJ Cruiser

I've had some form of corrective lens sense I was 10, and I'm almost unable to function without them. Originally, I had glasses that I only wore when I needed to see the blackboard from the back of the room. They progressively got worse until I needed correction full-time. I didn't like how I looked with glasses, so I got contacts when I was 13, and I've been wearing them literally everyday since. I know it's not very wise, but I don't even own a pair of glasses. My contacts give me practically no trouble, and I can put them in/take them out without even thinking.