1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Odd things about you

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Hexagon, Feb 17, 2012.

1. Hexagon

Is there anything about you that people would consider odd?

I don't drink hot drinks, I often don't answer questions if I feel the answer is obvious, or uninteresting. And I memorise pi.

2. Shevanel

I despise peanut butter, contrary to seemingly every other person on the planet. (and at their extreme dismay)

3. i have tourettes..... not too sure if thats all that odd though.

urm. i dont like tea

4. Robert

Robert Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I see dead people.

wat.

5. TheDifferent13

My mind drifts around a lot, so when with friends, I often say or ask about things that have alredy been discussed while my mind was somewhere else. I also don't talk much in person. And I refuse to take offered things or accept help or even ask for help as in I hate to see others go out of their way to help me.

6. Browncoat

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Everything :thumbsup:
    Unless of course they're odd as well and we can just be happy and odd together :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

7. RemyLeBeau

RemyLeBeau Guest

Sometimes I sit for hours on end (I think my record is 12) reading book after book. I only break when either the book is finished, my mother makes me, my girlfriend makes me, or I finally fall asleep. I get to a point that interruptions make me completely irate. Apparently I get this death glare when someone disrupts my obsessive reading. While I smile and act politely, my gaze turns "funny" and stays as such until I'm reading again. Most people, except my mother and certain people that don't process my "death glare" know not to bother me when reading. And when I'm done, I'm usually surprised find myself absolutely famished and wondering why it's suddenly 6 hours later. I've feigned illness to get out of parties just so I can read, and even if I must go, I take a book and lurk in a corner like Gollum with the Ring. I go to the library, which is my little heaven, and get dozens of books. Anything fiction will be done in, at most, 3 days IF I don't go into a book trance.

I'm assuming that's odd since no one else seems to do it but me, but obviously I don't get out much.

8. Witchcraft

Witchcraft Guest

I cant stay still and I frequently find myself walking around my house( sometimes singing a song or just thinking), I like to eat standing up in the kitchen because I don't like sitting down, I carry to a kermit the frog lunchbox to school, half of my hair is blonde and the other half black, I sometimes talk to myself. I tend to walk really fast because I dont like wasting time and it sometimes gets funny looks because I'm always yelling excuse me at anyone who walks too slow. I like to comb my hair and do random things that have to with my appearance such as putting on eyeliner just because I'm bored.

9. DarkClarity

When I'm at home about every 10-15mins I always go into the kitchen, open a cupboard door, close it then walk out, Most of the time I don't really want anything but I do it anyway.

Other things would be:
    1) The only person in the world who actually liked the game Sonic NextGen (Sonic 06)
    2) The only person in the world who think CoD, Halo and Battlefield are massivley overrated. (I'm not saying that they are crap, just overrated.)

There's lots of over stuff.

10. duriru

I don't like chocolate that much. For example, if I eat a Snickers bar, I only enjoy the first half of it. The other half tastes awful to me. I don't like chocolate cake or chocolate anything.

I also strongly dislike fast food. Fast food makes me nauseous.

11. Hexagon

You remind me of me. I skipped a party on my birthday by pretending to be ill and read the entire time. (Not my birthday party, but a school party that happened to be on my birthday.)

12. DarkClarity

Luckly you. I'm addicted to all that crap. I've been trying really hard to cut down though.

13. andersonh09

andersonh09 Guest

I read magazines back to front
    I like wearing socks that have a left and a right
    I always put on my left sock first

14. Lexington

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I type on a Dvorak keyboard. Both my home and work computer are configured this way. As an added bonus, nobody will touch my computer at work because "the keyboard is broken".

[​IMG]

I go to sleep fully clothed. Even when it's warm, I wear at least a T-shirt, longish shorts, and socks to bed. Just got used to doing that at one point, and now it feels weird with less.

Back when I was a kid, I went 13 months without watching any TV at all. (Yes, TV existed back then. Yes, my family owned one.)

I tend to like "plain" foods. I like my pasta plain (no sauce), plain white rice, vanilla ice cream...

Lex

15. IanGallagher

That I'm POLYsexual. Last night trying to flirt with cute guys. Today wanting to go to the bar to hit on hot girls with a friend. Eyes - boy,girl,boy,girl - it gets kinda nuts lol.

16. Black Cat

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I match my socks based on the holes on the bottom.

I hate wearing shoes. Jeans too, I don't understand why so many people preach about how comfortable denim is.

I keep a bag of chocolates in my nightstand for "emergencies".

When I'm bored I read the dictionary.

I have a life-size cardboard of Captain Jack Sparrow in my room.

17. silkfrog1292

I'm like that too, i spend so much money and time on books (my favourites are non-fiction though) that my parents forbade me to buy/read books for one summer a few years ago.

Another thing that's weird about me is a like to suddenly hum random songs in the middle of conversations. It confuses people profusely :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes::icon_wink

18. SlickyPants

I have a couple questions because I was considering buying a Dvorak keyboard just for the hell of it. Did you learn initially learn to type on one or did you start out on a QWERTY keyboard. And do you find it difficult to go back to typing on a QWERTY keyboard or can you pretty easily type on either layout?

19. Jonathan

This reminds me of that eccentricities thread from awhile ago, so I'll just repost what I said there :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I wanted an unbiased perspective, so I asked my best friend about this...

Some stuff she said was:

- I don't know how much you think about this, but generally even if there are chairs in a room you don't sit on them. like there will be 18 chairs and you will still sit on the floor

- you always think you forgot something

- There are certain things that you genuinely dislike being organized

- you are unnaturally obsessed with the color green

- and you care way too much about whether people say pop or soda

- you have this awkward laugh thing when you don't agree with what's being said, like a "huh" but it's like really quiet and timid. Like you're saying ha, sure but really you want to scream and punch the person in the face

- you chew on your sweatshirt strings like you don't care about them, but you get upset if anyone pulls on them

-you don't ever make eye contact, and you look away when other people make eye contact with you

- your legs are always bent in some awkward way. you are incapable of sitting in a chair the regular way

- you put your hand in front of your face a lot for no apparent reason....

-you question your spelling and grammar in places most people wouldn't, but do not notice when you make horrendous grammatical errors

20. SlickyPants

I guess I should reveal something odd about myself. There are many things but I won't make it too revealing! I guess one thing that always bugs everybody I know is when they ask for the time. I will always give them the exact time to the second. Nobody wants the time from the clock that is five minutes behind so I synchronize my watch to the official time (in the U.S.) as according to the NIST-F1 cesium fountain clock in Boulder, Colorado. Unfortunately the watch I have can only sync to five different atomic clocks in the world and the National Research Council of Canada is not one of them. As expected though they follow UTC standards and therefore when I check the official time with NRC my watch is on the second. Probably millisecond if it displayed miliseconds.

Anyways, whenever someone asks for the time I say it's one-nineteen and fourty-three seconds... now. Whatever the current time happens to be.

It kind of pisses my boss off to when I get to work and he says "You're late!" and I say that "I'm 22 seconds early." Maybe I should demand a raise or promotion for starting early every day.