1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tattoos

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Bi Since Birth, Feb 17, 2012.

1. So I love tattoos. I have one so far and one I'm designing. Just wondering who all on here has them and what they are/where they are?

Also curious if anyone has any pride tattoos? I want to encorprate pride of my sexual fluidity somehoe into one of my tattoos....subtley

My only one thus far is on the outside of my left calf and it is a map of one of my favorite roads to drive :slight_smile:

Next will go from my left shoulder blade, down around my ribcage and into my pelvic "v-area" and it is the tree of life (which is actually a vine inlay on a guitar I inherited from my grandfather whom I never met and I learned to play guitar on). So excited for this one :grin:

2. gleekfanatic

gleekfanatic Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I don't have any tats, but I have some designs already if I ever get the chance to get'em done. One is a wolf with a bleeding rose in it's mouth, and I want that one on my right calf. My second one is rainbow heart with an Angel/Fairy wings mix behind it, and I want to get it on my lower back, just above my tailbone. My third one is a Centaur (since I'm a Sagittarius), and I want it on my left shoulder. My fourth one is my name in Chinese characters on my inner left wrist. Those my tattoos I hope to get soon...
    BTW, Bi Since Birth, what's your fav road to drive one? I'm curious to now lol

3. JRNagoya

I currently have just the one logo - a black silhouette of a wolf in a crescent moon (The Elfquest logo for those who've read the comics which are excellent by the way). That's on my left shoulder. The second one I want to get is the wolf seen in my avatar. It's from a Japanese woodblock print. Might be my graduation present (or sooner, if the mood ever strikes me).

4. stephaniko

I haven't had the money to get yet but i want my whole back and arms covered someday

5. British Lad

British Lad Guest

I just one on on my arm in Chinese or Latin Explaining the mean of my name.

6. Tiny Catastrophe

I have "love" on both my wrists for To Write Love On Her Arms. I want wings on my back with my sister's name in the middle as like a memorial type of thing.

7. Jessica816

I have a total of 5 right now...A rose and a trebleclef on my left wrist/forearm , a cross with Angel wings on the back of my neck, a computer mouse with my Moms name in it on my right arm, two koi fish with pisces on my right calf..My newest one is on my right wrist/forearm That says courage , strength, Pride and the pride is in multiple colors...Love tattoos!

8. breakingboxes

I have three. A heart on my finger meaning love myself first, the infinity sign and the quote "For I have learned, in whatsoever state I am, therewith to be content" and it is covering my scars on my arm. :grin: I want a ton more.

9. Kernel Panic

have got a small DIY tattoo,no detail but it means a lot to self.
    its funny almost that am unable to feel pain and coud cope with a tattoo in any position but am profoundly sensitive to sound and cannot tolerate much let alone the buzz.
    last year a very close friend-lottie was knocked down and killed by a speeding hit and run driver,it doesnt mean much to other people that lottie is/was a cat but as someone who has never connected to nor purposely interacted with other humans she meant more than anything.
    -it is quite faded because the ink was rejected,but it is a 'L' [refering to lottie] with whiskas coming out of each side of the L,and its just above knee to the inside.
    am very capable of doing a decent design but dont have the attention span for inking it manualy, plus have been given a kick up the .... about using pen ink.

purposely choose an awful designer/tattooist for one tattoo,it will attract peoples attention away from the scars for a while,certainly did that with mine.:grin:

are there any tattoo machines that are quiet and in wide use?

#9 Kernel Panic, Feb 18, 2012
    Last edited: Feb 18, 2012
  10. Aya McCabre

@Kernal Panic: There are tattoo machines that are known for being quiet, though I've never heard one so I can't say how much quieter than other types they are or could be. They don't produce better results, so they're unlikely to catch on fast but they are around the place. The machine isn't really the best things to chose an artist by though.

I have three at the moment, including a pride tattoo. I'm holding off on my next one because I'm moving cities in a year and don't want to change artists in the middle.

11. kem

kem

I want a lotus flower. I'm not sure what it will look like yet but I want to design it myself. I want it on my hip, either on the left or on the right :slight_smile:

12. Wow some really good ones in here! Jessica, I assume ur pride tattoo is in your avatar, looks great! And Tiny Catastrophe the "To Write Love on Her Arms" thing is pretty sick. I've always wanted wrist tatts but I don't know where life will take me in terms of employment yet so I'm holding off (even my job as a mechanic right now doesn't allow tattoos below the elbow or ANY piercings, I wear skintone plugs in my ears and let my snakebites close :frowning2: One day they'll make their return! haha

and gleekfanatic, the road is Mulholland, if you're into driving/riding on the roads of the US you've heard of it, and if you havn't...well you're not as into it as you thought you were :wink: lol

As for a pride tattoo for myself, I really love the rainbow flag for the gay pride but I don't know if I'll still want a rainbow on me when im older. The bi pride flag is kinda boring...blue/pink/purple....but i think I want to somehow incorporate it into the tree of life on my side, like as a little stripe somewhere, or just three branches that are the pride colors....i dunno its a work in progress

13. gleekfanatic

gleekfanatic Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Well, that's because I prefer high-flying to ground travel. I've always had a fascination with air travel, plus ground travel of any kind, whether it's just driving/riding around or road trippin is too tedious for me. I guess that's because I've yet to meet someone that likes to drive fast cars :wink:
    :eusa_clap:eusa_danc(!):eusa_danc:eusa_clap

14. its not necessarily that I like to drive FAST cars....I just like to drive cars fast :wink:

15. just spent the last two hours designing and photoshopping the new idea onto my ribcage...this is gonna be so sexy haha

16. EmmettBlack

I've got two old school "Sailor Jerry" red breasted blue swallows on both my shoulder blades, the left one is slightly more feminine looking, they represent my mum and dad, as they always have my back :slight_smile:

17. Maria98

Out Status:
    A few people
    I don't have any tattoos right now because of my age, but when I can get them, I'll have them all over my body. Like Nikki Sixx. (This will obviously be done over many years)
    My best friend and I are planning to get matching tattoos.
    I really want a pride tattoo. Somewhere visible.

18. No One

I'm in the process of getting my first one. It's going to be stars on my shoulder with the words "Let Your True Light Shine" weaving through them.

I'm also planning on getting the gay male symbol on my waist line. I love tattoos, and I think they are very sexy.

19. Bibliophile

I have nine
    Left for arm: Eye of Ra
    Left upper arm: An anchor with US Navy on it.
    Left leg outside: A winged skull with a crown.
    Right leg outside: Skull with a top hat.
    Right upper arm: Triple moon, Leo, and Horned god.
    Right shoulder blade: Anubis
    Right chest: LARGE wolfs paw
    Right above belly button: Pentagram
    Right below belt line: Phi Paw.

20. Anubis = badass

always been intruiged by egyptian history and gods. I have a feeling some kind of ancient egyptian themed thing will end up on me somewhere. Eye of Ra is always cool too