1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Do you/ will you apreciate your chance to vote

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by dictionary, Dec 28, 2007.

1. dictionary

I was thinking after my grandad said "ohhh do the iraqies even want democracy"

do people actualy care about there chance to vote?

I will when i can i can vote in the next state and federal elction

i just get to vote in the state election because its the day after my 18th birthday...

2. beckyg

beckyg Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    I always excercise my right to vote.

3. surfrboykai

i can't wait until the election! i'm dying to vote brah. like, i feel it's totally my civic duty to vote. the country does so much for its peoples, even if we have a sucky leader right now, that the least i can do is vote.

also, i feel that, unless you vote, you have no right to complain about the government.

4. Nodnarb

I will vote once I'm old enough. I'm pissed tho, I want to vote in the presidential election next year, but I'll be one year too young, so I will have to wait four more years to get to vote for a president...

5. CrimsonThunder

No I don't want to vote, waste of my time.

6. s5m1

Many brave people have died to preserve our right to vote. We should never forget the sacrifices made by our soldiers over the last 200+ years, as well as those who died fighting for civil rights in the US. If we want to make our voices heard, we need to go to the polls. If we do so, perhaps later generations will not need a forum like EC to talk about coming out. I have never missed an election and hopefully never will. (okay, now I will get off the soapbox).

7. Yess. I can't wait to vote.

8. Hollywood

Hell yes-I love politics. I'm actually considering political science as part of a double major in college.

Hillary '08! :slight_smile:

9. biisme

i will vote---but i know nothing about politics, and i hate politics

10. sdc91

I miss the cutoff for '08 by 2 months. =/

But yes, I will vote in every election that I can.

11. I will most likely vote as often as I can. :slight_smile:

12. CelebrityHead

I do care about voting. Like Kai said, I don't think I could complain about the way the government runs my country if I didn't vote. (It's compulsory for Aussies to vote. But technically it's mandatory for us to attend the voting centre on election day, and if we want to, can cast 'donkey votes' in which we put a blank ballot paper into the ballot box)

I was very happy to help Kevin Rudd win this year.

13. BlasttheCloset

I think that it is the best way to make our voices heard, and that if you don't vote, yu don't have any right to complain. I also think it's the best (only?) protection we have against dictatorship, and that we should consider the significance of the thousands of people throughout history who have been denied the right to participate in the political process and how fiercely they struggled against that. Having said that, I realize the insignificance of one vote, and I have never voted, as I am too young, but I have participated in non-partisan groups to educate people about their right to vote and the voting process. Ok, rant/lecture finished, thank you.

14. BlasttheCloset

Oh, and I agree that if you don't vote, you don't get to complain about who wins or the politics that follow because of the results of the election.

15. step49x

I vote, though I'm sometimes not as informed on issues as I should be.

16. BlasttheCloset

OK, I have a question to pose: Is it better to vote and be uninformed, or to not vote at all if you don't know?

17. step49x

If you're affiliated with a party, you could just vote for everyone in your party. Personally, I'd consider it slightly better than being informed, but not by much. I'm sure there are people here that would disagree with me on that.

18. CelebrityHead

That's an interesting question, but I'd have to say the latter.
    Only the ones who really care about their country's future and want to vote will seek to be informed, so it works out in the end.

19. Jerr

I will iff (That means if and only if *snicker* math!) I am well informed about everything. If I don't feel I am well informed then I won't and I will ACCEPT the outcome with no complaint.

If you don't vote, you don't have the RIGHT to complain. Even if you do... (vote that is) complain for like a week... then shut the hell up you are just getting annoying.

Remember, Friends don't let Friends vote ignorant. (Doesn't mean they have to vote the same as you just means they have to know about it and make their own choice.)

#19 Jerr, Dec 28, 2007
    Last edited: Dec 28, 2007
  20. waitingsucks

Voting is compulsory here, When I get to vote I will actually put thought into it which is the Australian equivalent of going to vote in the US