1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Any Buddhists here?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by starfish, Feb 19, 2012.

1. starfish

While I am not religious, I enjoy learning about the philosophies of various religions. I don't know much about the eastern religions. I have been doing some reading about Buddhism and I like a lot of what I have read. It seems to be a peaceful religion with a focus on personal growth.

Are there any Buddhists here? If so do you have any recommendations on books or websites I might read?

2. djstcktn326

I'm part Buddhist/part Christian. What I do is I chant Nam Myoho Renge Kyo and I watch Tina Turner's interview with Larry King; she's awesome. And there are millions of sites that have to do with Buddhism. But like I said, chant Nam Myoho Renge Kyo it will change your life.

3. India

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I am a Unitarian Universalist with strong Buddhist leanings. I've always felt a pull toward that path and have read a lot on the topic. My personal favorite author (though it may seem trite) is Thich Nhat Hanh. There is also a series called The Best Buddhist Writing. I have the 2007 collection. Check to see if there is a UU Church in Austin. They are almost all "welcoming congregations" with gay/lesbian/bi/trans groups and many have Buddhist sub-groups to their congregations (and Christian, pagan, Jewish, etc.). Austin might have a rockin' UU community. I'm jealous!

Keep posting on this if you're interested. I'm brand new to the forum and would enjoy this conversation.