1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A different take on Life.

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Alexandria, Feb 19, 2012.

1. Alexandria

I ran across this many years ago, and I think its worth posting here. Please, read through it, and read my caption at the bottom.

This is an excerpt from the book "The Devil's Apocrypha" by John A De Vito. Originally, DeVito claimed to have translated this from ancient text and brought this book about; later he revealed that he essentially made it up from his own beliefs.

Anyway, I wanted to post this, as part discussion, but more so, to offer a different view onto life - with how hurting some people are, maybe this might provide a way for them to see through their difficulties.

I Should note - I do not call myself a satanist, luciferian or otherwise. When asked, I simply state, my path is my own. I bow to no god, and if any god dislikes that, they can feel free to discuss it with me - personally.

2. sanguine

i actually liked reading that, pretty cool actually, and its funny how there is absolutely nothing bad about anything that the supposed satan said.

actually its what religion fails to teach everyone, and thats to be true to yourself and experience all the wonders of whats bad to differentiate from whats good.

its quite ironic how satan is saying this and yet religion is doing the crimes, teaching the opposites and controlling the masses like master to a slave

3. LaplaceScramble

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Just a quick response to sanguine, it's not that surprising that Lucifer would have a view like this. The reason he became Satan was simply because he rebelled against God as he was and is an (fallen) angel.

Alexandria, I've gotta thank you for threading this. I am an agnostic/atheist (it's constantly changing based on how I view the world). This, yet again, makes me question my view on religion. Lucifer, the supposed most evil being in existence, is saying how I have always tried to live my life....while what God says is nothing I can agree with....

4. Rob999

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    I love this. While I am not really a Satanist, I do agree with their philosophies more than those of any major religion, perhaps other than Buddhism/Confucianism (although I view both as philosophical systems, not religions). The idea of a supreme being that is respected above our fellow man and living things has always somewhat repelled me. I'm sorry if that is disrespectful to anyone, but it's my personal viewpoint.

5. sanguine

yea i know that, but still you would think that satan would be full of malice and hate and everything the bible portrays in a tyrant, but here he is, telling cain that it's ok to be who you are and to say what you feel, like an expression, there's no brimstone and fire and all that crap, hes just telling cain to open his eyes.

even to the second last paragraph he tells cain that we are remembered by what we do and how we lived, then says make yours a goodly rememberance

i dont even believe in satan or any other arch angel, imo i think they are just a consciousness people try to live up to, sort of like a symbol of good and evil, there is no such thing as hell also, its made a made up consciousness for others to justify you doing the wrong thing will have its consequences.

#5 sanguine, Feb 20, 2012
    Last edited: Feb 20, 2012
  6. Alexandria

To me, the beauty is this - the author of the book admitted to basically making this all up. Its one man's interpretation - but it makes sense.

7. LaplaceScramble

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    The only reason Satan has such a bad rep is because he tried going against God. And since apparently only God can be right, the means what Satan did was wrong....even if it made sense. Hell, even in the bible, Satan kills about 4-7 people while God kills thousands, maybe even tens of thousands.

8. Z3ni

Z3ni Guest

I thought Satan is the Devil, Lucifer was "persuaded" by Satan to rebel against god?

Also both of them are one of the 7 sins??

Heaven = No free will Hell = Free will

P.s my post is pointless :lol:

9. LaplaceScramble

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Pretty sure that Lucifer and Satan are the same person. Hell was created to have some place to send him down to. And yes, technically Lucifer/Satan represent pride (the key reason he rebeled) pride being the original sin.

10. Alexandria

Somewhat off topic --

Who, exactly, is satan/lucifer supposed to of killed? and why? As noted, god is on his own record for killing tens of thousands, for very petty reasons, what about the flip side ,the one that is supposedly the 'bad' guy?

11. dreamcatcher

Wow this was a pretty good read! And yes, Satan and Lucifer are the same person. Like Bi to Canada said, Satan did not want to be under God's rule. He wanted to be independent of God and have the same power that God did. So God basically gave him what he wanted and let him have his own kingdom.

I did some research on this book because it looked like an interesting read but this isn't satanist philosophy. This is secular humanism. They have some similarities in common but there are some major differences.

12. Alexandria

Ive heard some say that 'secular humanism' is nothing more than attempting to live a rational, logical, reasonable life. This doesnt seem that far from it does it?

13. sanguine

heaven has free will but no one ever, and i mean ever, sins, cause there is no such thing as evil or fear.

yes hell has free will

satan and lucifer are or use to be planets, and this "creation" of hell, is actually the planet earth, many of the pagan beliefs state that the planet had fallen from heaven (sky) into this earth (like a collision) , so technically, this is hell.