1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Valedictarian?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by gleekfanatic, Feb 20, 2012.

1. gleekfanatic

gleekfanatic Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    If you were class valedictarian, what would you say in your speech? This woud be mine:
    Class of '09, here we are, on graduation night, and it's marking the end of one chapter n our life and beginning another. These last four years was quite a time for all of us. We all have had our trials...
    More later...

2. Owen

In Loving Memory Full Member

I've always been fond of Daria's graduation speech in the final episode of the show of the same name (the last lines comprise my signature). If I had gotten to be my high school's valedictorian, my speech might have sounded something like it.

3. gleekfanatic

gleekfanatic Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Continued...
    , and all I have to say is this. It's only going to get harder, as we move along our lives. For some of us, these past 4 years have been the best of times, times that you will always remember and never foget. For others, these past 4 years will be forgotten purely becausee they weren't the best of times. Sometimes I think that of all the classes we've all had to take to get here are not the ones we really need to make it as adults, since from this day on, we are no longer "those teenagers that love to party hard", we are adults. Although we won't feel like it, but one day, it will catch up to us, and we will be like, "Oh shit. I'm old." Then what. Something is going to happen, and we will be wondering what the hell to do. I guess when they say that the most important lessons are not taught in school, they're right. So I say, whenever there is a time you need advice or help from someone about something, do not be afraid of asking for help. Don't let self-pride be a problem for doing what needs to done. Take it from someone who used to let pride be a problem...It's why I didn't come out earlier; it's why instead I was in denial (which by the way, if you've been paying attention in Social Studies, denial is not just a river in Egypt). So remember, do what it take to move forward, including asking for help of any kind when you are a stuck with something...

#3 gleekfanatic, Feb 20, 2012
    Last edited: Feb 20, 2012
  4. steel03

I was a valedictorian, but my school had this system where anyone in the top 5% was a valedictorian and anyone in the top 10% was a salutatorian. They just choose someone from the valedictorians to give the speech; that way, we can ensure the speech will be pretty good. So I didn't give the speech, but the guy who did quoted Lady Gaga, so that was interesting.
    Also when I got back to my seat after walking, there was this baby (like a real live baby girl) and no one could figure out where it came from or why it was there.

5. gleekfanatic

gleekfanatic Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    :roflmao:
    OMG! I remeber this quote! It was from the first Mean Girls.

On another note, keep these posts coming. They're really good. :eusa_clap

:eusa_clap:eusa_danc(!):eusa_danc:eusa_clap

6. Maddy

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Honestly, if I'd been valedictorian or otherwise had a chance to speak at graduation, my speech would have been along the lines of "Thanks for teaching me how to survive in a poisonous environment, it'll surely be very useful someday. I never want anything to do with any of you again, so good riddance."

...I did not like high school.

7. gleekfanatic

gleekfanatic Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I'm beginning to wonder if there were anyone here who did, or does, like high school. I'm sure a lot of us had it rough then...

8. Shevanel

I liked High School ^

9. gleekfanatic

gleekfanatic Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Did you? That's awesome , dude!

10. secretguyX

Now I'm not having much hope for high school. I'll be out of middle school soon, and it's not good already..

11. starfish

18 years ago we were born into this world. We we all started down our paths, then 13 years ago those paths converged. Now our paths diverge. Some will look upon this with fear, some will look upon this with excitement. Our paths will likely never converge again. Before I set off on my path, my parting words are these. Alpha Mike Foxtrot.

12. steel03

I liked high school, but I didn't know how much better everything would be after high school. I'm sure I would hate it if I went back. Like Plato's Cave, kind of.

13. Robert

Robert Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    "I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve." And then I would've put on my magical ring to make myself invisible and then gone to live with the Elves.