1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Eh, clothes shopping...

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by BudderMC, Feb 21, 2012.

1. BudderMC

So, I HATE clothes shopping. With a passion. But that's kinda beside the point. My mom just offered to buy me clothes (alongside the offer to return them if I didn't like them) if she happens to see something that would 'suit me'. Personally, as much as I hate shopping, I'd much rather go do it myself, get in and out quickly, and buy things I know I'll actually wear.

On that note, do you do your own shopping? Does anyone else pick up clothes for you? Do you like getting clothes as gifts?

2. sanguine

me too i hate going shopping for clothes and i definitely wouldnt let my mum buy me clothes either, so i do the next best thing and get my sister to go, problem solved

3. Bolin

I love clothes shopping. Unfortunately, my weight constantly fluctuates, so the clothes I normally buy won't fit right the next year or so...and I HATE it when people buy me clothes...they're always tacky.

4. IanGallagher

Now that I'm fit, I like to buy clothes only in hopes that I can find something that will draw the girls towards me. Basically, only due to being horny for pussy lol.

5. Beachboi92

I have lost 35 pounds in the last year and also developed a serious love for cloths. I love to look good and am proud of the way I look, and have a lot of fun finding ways to look hot and stylish. I can walk around and just try on cloths until i run out of stores to go into. Although it helps that I am very picky about what i want to try on so I never am shopping for way to long, just find what i like try it on and move on. I can check the whole mall in a couple hours xD

6. Kidd

Kidd Guest

I love shopping but I prefer to just shop online, mostly because I hate fighting crowds at the mall, a lot of my favorite stores aren't within 2 hours of me anyway, and the salesgirls at A&F are wickedly aggressive. I don't know if they're paid on commission or what, but they are stone-faced killers and they will make a sale over your dead body if that's what it takes. Other people never shop for me, they just give me the money and let me to do it myself. I'm very particular about what I wear and how things fit.

7. Porphyrogenitus

Yeah, I hate shopping, especially for clothes. And it's worse, since my idea of shopping is to know what I want, go in and find it, get it and get out. This seems not to work for clothes, since I usually don't have a particularly good idea of what I might want, and even when I do, it probably doesn't exist or isn't in the store.

8. Maddy

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I don't care about clothes at all, I hate full-length mirrors, and the clothes that I'd prefer to wear just don't work n a female body (at least on mine, I'm very curvy), so clothes shopping is not my favourite pastime.

9. Ridiculous

I do all my clothes shopping online, because it is so much easier to find what I want and the selection is much larger. If I go to a physical store the only options they have are crappy crew-neck tshirts with some awful brand name stuck on the front. Unless you go to a high class store everything will fit terribly, as apparently males like to have their clothes fit as if they draped a sheet over their head.

Asian clothing websites are the absolute best. Their clothes are designed so nicely, plus they always have like 15 photos for every item so it is fun to just browse. It's so much easier to be able to choose something in the pressure-free environment of your web browser, and so far everything I've bought online has been excellent.

10. Artemicion

I love shopping for clothes...only that it stings at the checkout. I'm a person that would browse and dig through the sales section and the new arrivals...so pretty much the whole store XD. However, I tend to have a pretty good eye on what I want right away even if I don't know what I exactly want that day. Also I can speed shop through stores in a few minutes. However...if I hit a jackpot section then I can be stuck there for like forty minutes or so :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:.

As for online shopping, I've only done it a few times. I would much rather see it physically as my size and cut is a bit different than the cut in North America...My fit tends to go towards either Asian fit or small European sizes. I'd say generally it's hard to find something reasonably priced and fits well.

11. Cascade

Yeah I loathe shopping. My mother just goes out and gets me whatever an I'm okay with it if it's nothing fancy.

12. BudderMC

Pretty much sums up what my situation's like. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

To the peeps who've been online shopping, would you say it went more smoothly overall? I never even considered doing something like that, but maybe it's time to look into it a little bit. Also, how would returning things work (if need be)?

13. justinf

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I don't mind shopping for clothes... it's not my favorite activity of the day, but I really don't mind either. Plus somehow I fit in everything and anything suits me. And yeah, I basically do all my shopping myself, my parents live in the US, thousands of miles away, so that would be kindof hard lol. But if my mom does bring something for me, I gladly take it! Saves me money! :slight_smile:

14. Kidd

Kidd Guest

If you're going to do a lot of online shopping you have to know your measurements, because it's a serious hassle to deal with sizing issues since every brand runs differently. Like, for example, a small at A&F is smaller than a small at Hollister and a small at American Eagle is bigger than both, and J. Crew's sizes run bigger than all three. So if I'm ordering a button down shirt from each place I would order a medium from A&F and Hollister, and a small from American Eagle, but I would order an extra-small from J. Crew. I wouldn't order online from any store that I haven't been in to try on their clothes first.

Every store has it's own return policy but you usually just go to their website and they have instructions for you. Usually you have to register that you are in fact returning it, print off the return label, slap it on the original box it came in, and then stick it in the mail. It usually takes about a week before they refund your money.

#14 Kidd, Feb 22, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 22, 2012
  15. gleek

I have to shop for my own clothes. My parents have tried to buy me things they think i'd like, but they end up sitting in the back of my closet. I do enjoy getting clothes as gifts at Christmas. Unless they're those fackin' awful sweaters... then yeah, they get returned!

16. Bosco

I love shopping for clothes :grin:
    Even despite not having a model's figure or heaps of money, I still find it super fun :slight_smile:
    I usually only shop online for shoes or to get an idea of what I want to try on in stores; my build isn't standard enough to buy without trying clothes on.
    I really don't like sales associates that hover over you though. I'm generally indecisive when it comes to purchases, and someone breathing down my neck just makes things way too stressful :/

17. feverdreamt

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I LOVE clothes shopping, whether its online, at some mall, or at a thrift store; I will usually find something I like (certain malls just suck though >_<)... I need a job lol

18. solarcat

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Family only
    I'd prefer buying my own stuff (clothes, games, snacks, etc), but with no money I have to rely on family for now.

I've never really gone "clothes shopping," though, but I have bought clothes. I do want to go slothes shopping, and buy some more interesting clothes, but I really don't see it as a hobby, just something I might as well enjoy since I have to do it anyways.

I have gotten clothes as gifts (birthday, christmas, etc), and they're about as good as anything else; the sweater I wear all the time was a birthday gift from my brother.

#18 solarcat, Feb 23, 2012
    Last edited: Feb 23, 2012
  19. TriCube

I absolutely hate shopping for anything in stores, except groceries (I actually enjoy grocery shopping). It's ok if I know exactly what I'm going in to get. I don't like spending a lot of time just browsing. Of course I like new things, but I feel like I'm being judged by what I'm buying. Although I shouldn't because I wouldn't buy it if I didn't plan on wearing it. I hate trying clothes on, too. Fitting rooms make me paranoid.

When I moved away my mom wanted to take me clothes shopping. I didn't want to cuz I was pretty independent at 19, and didn't want to suffer the embarrassment of my mom helping me pick out clothes. But I felt bad saying no cuz I knew how much it meant to her to spend time with me while she could, so I went. I did hate it at the time but looking back now, I'm glad I did spend time with her.

I do like owning nice clothes. I am actually getting more used to going into stores to buy clothes here in Europe. At least it's not in a mall-like setting - there's literally a store for everything; gloves, ties, scarves. Fashion is taken seriously here (although I'm not big on name brand stuff or clothes that cost more than half my minimum wage paycheck) so now I'm more worried about people judging me for looking sloppy, lazy, and American. haha.

20. Hexagon

I buy online. No shopping. I hate shops, especially the noise and bright lights.