1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Had A Great Workout!

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by WillowMaiden, Feb 22, 2012.

1. WillowMaiden

WillowMaiden Guest

Let me explain that I am not an in shape person. I'm overweight by 20-25 lbs, but promised myself that I would change that because I was too young (19) to be sweating and out of breath when going up and down the stairs or after walking for a while. I just didn't feel good and especially not attractive. So I made a New Years Resolution, the common one, to get in shape, and this year--so far--I've actually been sticking to it! I'm a size 16 in a dress and I want to fit into a 12/14. I'm focusing specifically on dresses because I want to treat myself to a new pretty spring dress in my new size. :icon_bigg

So I didn't get very much sleep, so while I was up early as hell this morning, I decided to work out. Now, at first I was doing weights and abs and I just wasn't into it. I don't know for some reason I've been losing motivation lately. When I first started I was an enthusiastic and going strong, but I want to say these past three weeks or so I've just been trudging by and kinda sadly I might add. There were some days where I was moving slower and just felt like giving up, and I'm not sure why because I was actually doing good. So this morning, since I was up super ass early, I made myself get ready for yet another work out and I was just bored and kept stopping. So after half assing two cardio & weight exersizes, I felt like shit, but I didn't want to just stop because that would have felt like giving up. So I said fuck it, and put on my Panic! At the Disco Album "A Fever You Can't Sweat Out," put on my bass-y loud headphones and just danced. I closed my eyes and day dreamed about being in a different enivornment, not my stuffy little dorm room and it was really fun! :eusa_danc I started signing (I'm a sign language major), smiling, belly dancing (and here I thought I hadn't retained a damn thing from all those belly dance work outs.) :lol: I unexpectedly worked out longer than I intended, dancing to the whole album twice and had way more energy than when I started. It's funny because I was doing belly dance moves that I didn't think I had the vigor to pull off, but I was actually jumping around and felt weightless, unlike how I felt just like an hour before half assing the belly dance workout video.

Anyway, I feel great! (!) Haven't eaten yet, but I will soon. I guess when you're feeling down about anything or just getting tired of the same work out regime (don't even know if that's the right word) is just a good old fashioned delusional dance party in the privacy of your own home (or room or dorm.) :grin:

2. Lexington

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    It's weird that "I got up early, so I worked out early and longer" workouts seem to be the best ones. I had one myself this morning. Second straight day jogging 40 minutes, plus nudged my crunches, bridges and push-ups up a notch. I wouldn't be surprised if I feel REALLY tired around 6pm, though. :slight_smile:

Lex

3. WillowMaiden

WillowMaiden Guest

Yeah I was ready to crash a little earlier than 6:00 today, but I'm always so busy, so there was no crash time. Not only does my schedule make my work out times sporadic, but it also gets in the way of relaxing time. I know for some people exersize is how they relax or relieve stress, but that's not me. Working out, sometimes more than others, does make me feel good, but it doesn't relieve stress necessarily. There are even times when trying to remember to get that portion of the day done before all my other plans drown me makes working out one of my stresses, instead of a stress reliever.

Right now, it's so time to crash. I've been up all night and all day and still have so much work to be done tomorrow. I'll squeez working out in there somewhere, just not as early or spontaneous as this time.

4. Chickzak

Aaah sounds so great! I felt like this yesterday; woke up early but the family were home so I can't do much dancing .. or anything like belly dancing in the living room, haha my grandma would probbaly have a heart attack! Cant do much in my bedroom, I make way too much noise and we dont have a treadmill at the moment, so I just dance like a crazy person in the living room with the curtains drawn (.. in case one of my nosy neighbours peers through the windows or one of my family comes round and tries to scare the people in the living room [..not cool]). Just put a music channel on, up to full blast and jumped around until the music stopped. Then another song would come on and I would invent weird and.. just weird dance moves just moving with the beat! SO much fun! Haha I was a little sweaty by the end of all the running and moving and had a lot more fun than I expected!

We should totally monitor each other's progresses; I'm not in that great shape either and hope to lose a little weight too xD

5. starfish

I really want to go ride my bicycle today, as it is a really nice day. Just not sure how my back will hold up to it.

I've been riding the regular exercise bike at the gym and my back has been ok. Of course riding a real bike is different. The core comes into play for stabilization and of course the vibration from the road.

A friend is passing through town and I am going to have lunch with him. Guess I'll give it a try after lunch.