1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Starting to write a play...

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by whoareyou, Feb 26, 2012.

1. whoareyou

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Hey everyone :slight_smile: I'm looking to write a play for my theatre where i live, and i was wondering if you guys could help me come up with some ideas as to possible plot lines for a play. I'm looking for about 6-8 actors and the preferred genre is a dramatic comedy. I'm just looking for some ideas to be thrown about and maybe that will help me get over this writers block i have right now. :slight_smile: thanks guys :slight_smile:
    OH! and to keep this sort of on topic with the point of the site :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:, I was thinking that one or two of the characters would be LGBT??

2. Custard

Ooo ooo oooooo! Yay! I'll help!:slight_smile:

I only have 4 ideas but their better than nothing. ♥

1) Forbidden Fruit love story. An LGBT student falls for a straight guy/girl that they can never have.
    2) Ex-bestfriend revenge. Two students used too be bestfriends until they had an insanely huge fight. Now their seeking revenge.
    3) Tryin' to fit in. A student who faces the challenges of school, were there are prissy gangs of cocky girls, over achieving sporty guys, and no one seems to understand him/her.
    4) Naughty no-no's. A thrilling story of a student doing drugs, smoking, breaking the law, cheating, something really really bad too add insane drama. Then they're rescued by their love.

Mehhhh. Little rusty & cheesy buttt... :lol:

3. fatalmoon91

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    hmmm i've thought about writing a play but tbh I'm no writer and i would love see something like this come about. It does however go over your character limit but you could technically do whatever you please with it. I always wanted to write a play with characters who are named after and follow to a T Their astronomical signs

4. Fisnou

Well, what are some of YOUR ideas? Just anything at all to get us going. Then may be we can add to it :slight_smile: How long does it have to be btw?

5. Rinto

Rinto Guest

I'm so centered around family and stuff so you can try the following:

1.Crazy Family: There's an eccentric family in town and all the kids at school hate to be connected with the kids of that family. Soon, it was a family day and the family helped the children raise their self-esteems by putting up some fun, which then ends the story in some way. One of the LGBT characters could be a sister or brother which acts comical.

It is supposed to be two, but I'm running out of juice ^^

6. Cascade

I've always been a fan of shows that take place on only one set. Perhaps one that takes place in a cargo elevator in a building. You could have a variety of people coming and going, interacting with each other and intertwining plot threads.

It requires a lot of versatility and clever writing to pull a single set play off but the payoff is worth it.