1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Met this guy at the mall...

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by gleekfanatic, Feb 27, 2012.

1. gleekfanatic

gleekfanatic Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Ok, so I met this guy at the mall, right? It's going to be a long story, so I'm going t omake it as short as possible, but I just want some advice on this because it's got my head spinning...
    Ok, first all, I'm at the mall here with my grandma, and we're walking around, seeing the stores and such, since I just moved here yesterday. So on the second floor, halfway through the mall, we come across this kiosk that sells a bunch of cute baby stuff, including these Christian stuff. Nana is Christian, so she saw the kiosk first, and she saw this little baby outift that said "I'm your Creation!' To:Mom and Dad From: Jesus" and then she saw another that said "If god is the King of kings, then I'm his little Princess", and then one of the people watching over the kiosk was this guy who pull out another one that said "I roll with Jesus". Anyway that's beside the point.
    So Nana starts chatting with these two people, David( thats his name) and his wife, and I tell them I just moved here to stay for good. The conversation turns to God which I don't mind) and she tells that she believes that God had sent me here to California for a purpose, that He had sent me back into her life for a reason. Then I tell them I haven't seen Nana since I was last 3 years old, and David says that he's about to cry because this was really amazing. Then he said that not only did I come back to Nana, but I met him, and all in one day( I had just arrived here in Oceanside that morning) he believes that i am here for a reason, then gives his name and number, and tells me that I should check out his Christian group, and come to the next meeting, which is this friday.
    Anyway, i don't know what exactly I feel, but all I know is that meeting with David made a huge impact on me. What should I do? It had me thinking a lot about my beliefs, since I'm spiritual and not religious. They don't know that I'm gay, so what should I do about that subject? I really don't know how to approach that with a Christian youth group, especially since I've never gone to one.... I really need some help here, and any advice would be appreciated!!!! :help:

---------- Post added 27th Feb 2012 at 03:10 PM ----------

Ooops! I just realized that this is in the wrong section. It should be in the Support area. :confused:

2. I really don't understand all this crying... but I want to suggest being a bit discreet when you're still new to everything. Eventually open up when you can judge who is a friend, and who isn't. :king:

3. gleekfanatic

gleekfanatic Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Be discreet while being the new guy? I'm used to it, and I don't like having to hide who I am from people, I like letting people see me for me, and let them decide how to take it...