1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Vegetarian deliciousness

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by TyRawr, Feb 27, 2012.

1. TyRawr

Board Member Full Member

Complete randomness:

I am a vegetarian and looking for more variety in my diet, and Im sure any other veggie heads here would appreciate more deliciousness to their repertoire also.

Would anyone like to share any of their favorite vegetarian meals?

2. gleekfanatic

gleekfanatic Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Ok, now that's funny...You like meat, and you're vegetarian?! Oh, that's just too funny :roflmao:

Sorry, I had to say that, I actually have nothing agaisnt Veggies. I just don't understand how you guys can live without meat. Help me understand it...

3. TyRawr

Board Member Full Member

Im sorry but thats not really what this thread is about, and Im not sure if I appreciate what you are implying when you say "you like mean, and your a vegetarian."

Anyone else have any recipe ideas?

4. UnAmourFatal

101cookbooks.com is my veggie bible :slight_smile:

5. Bi As A Kite

Stir fry some veggies in olive oil. When done, dump them in a pot. Pour in milk/soya milk, houmous/hummus, tomato chunks, lettuce leaf cuts, freshly grated ginger, cinnamon powder, sea salt, dollop of ketchup....

....when that's done, add some noodles. Awesome.

6. RemyLeBeau

RemyLeBeau Guest

Why yes, vegetarians ARE delicious.

Okay, I'm done. But my favorite vegetarian meal was this lasagna my aunt and I made. She added pumpkin meat and vegetarian sausages (they exist!) instead of the normal beef or whatever. I would have preferred regular wurst, but with the pumpkin it was delicious!!

7. TyRawr

Board Member Full Member

Im really fond of Asian cooking, specifically Thai, or Vietnamese, because there are a ton of vegetarian dishes you can find online.

Although I have played around with the idea of making my own Tempe and cooking with that because it has more of a hearty nutty taste to it.

One of my favorite dishes that I make though is potato leak soup, its sooooo easy too. Its just a little broth, and equivalent amount of leaks to potato, fill the pot with both, then half way with broth, boil, add butter/substitute, (2tbs) then puree.

I also make the most amazing minestrone soup with my boyfriend, and the worlds best pasta dishes. :3