1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

‘Cause You Had a Bad Day

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Messed Up, Feb 28, 2012.

1. Messed Up

Messed Up Guest

How do you cope/combat a bad day?

2. Bolin

Many ways:

~kick people's asses in fighting games
    ~watch anime/Asian drama
    ~listen to my classical music, which sometimes leads to writing music
    ~if it's cold outside, a short walk around the apartment complex usually helps me cool down
    ~southern-style iced sweet tea

3. King

King Guest

I wait it out.
    Go to sleep, overthink everything, sometimes write really twisted stories (I wrote one that was 1/4 a page in length and consisted of somebody getting their throat sliced). :slight_smile:

4. Yuya

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I listen to my childhood music to bring back some good times.

5. TriCube

Not exactly the healthiest - drink.

6. starfish

A lot of swearing. not the best habbit. I am trying rather unsuccessfully to work on that.

7. TheDude

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    For me, the best way to get through a bad day could be by watching a good movie that makes me laugh; or having a long warm shower to ease the tension; or listening to either kylie minogue, gwen stefani, mgmt, crystal castles or phoenix (never listen to sad or depressing music) while maybe singing to it. The key is to relax.

8. Mellowish

look up funny memes on the internet ;P
    i.e. Uber Freshman: Buys...all his recommended books.
    That one's kinda easy to get haha
    I also watch Teen Mom and when something bad happens to them i feel better about myself (cruel I know >_>)

9. Browncoat

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    If it's really bad I remove myself from all stressful situations/activities and try to watch funny movies or tv shows until I've forgotten about whatever is bothering me.

Otherwise I just refuse to address the problem and adopt an apathetic, emotionless attitude while trying to do work of some sort. Frankly, I need to figure out a better method of dealing with those days, lol ~ emotions build up so easily and I can only compartmentalize for so long...

10. justinf

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    First, I try to ignore it and pretend nothing is wrong.
    Then, if that doesn't work, I try to find a distraction. Anything will do, as long as I don't have to think about it. Mostly I watch a movie or surf the internet, or if it's not too late, I go to the jym to work it off. If anything, I need to be alone, creating my own distraction, I really don't want other people around at moments like that.

If there are a lot of bad days in a very short time... then lately more often I tend to drink. Probably a bit too much too.

11. Cascade

I just talk to a friend and let them know what was going on, get their sympathy or ideas then move on. In the worst case I just sort sit around, thinking about the day and what I could have done to make it better.

12. secretguyX

Blast music so loud I can't hear anything at all. And go on wittyprofiles.com and here. Usually helps me out.

13. EvangelinesLost

I just listen to "angry" music on as loud as my speakers allow and do art work

14. Kidd

Kidd Guest

I'll watch some of my favorite comedian's specials whenever I've had a really crappy day, or drink some wine, and then sleep.

15. GoogieHowser

GoogieHowser Guest

i tried that but do you know how much those victrolas go for?

16. Witchcraft

Witchcraft Guest

Cry, go to my room and lay in my bed and listen to music, Ill do this for as long as I need to..

17. Jordash

I sing a sad song just to turn it around! :slight_smile:

Nahh, I just try and ignore it and go for long walks on the railroad tracks and sing to myself, and listen to the river gargle underneath the bridge. :slight_smile:

Oooh or at night, watching the stars with a good friend or by myself really helps.

18. Mad Man L

Bitch session! Well, that's my name for bitching about the things/people making my day wanksville.

On the more depressing/hopeless days, I'll spend more time listening to my depressing songs and playing Facebook games, and whine instead of bitch.

I've gotten used to bottling up emotion, so bitch sessions are my way of letting that out.

19. TheEdend

TheEdend Guest

If its a pretty horrible day then I just take a nap or play a video game. After having a moment of not thinking about it I can pretty much cope with whatever by thinking about the future and making sure tomorrow isn't a horrible day.

Oh, and trashy reality tv shows!! Watching other people make fools of themselves on tv makes me forget about problems pretty fast and I get reminded that I could be doing much more worse.