1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

When a straight person likes YOU!

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by King, Feb 28, 2012.

1. King

King Guest

I was just wondering if anybody here has had that happen.
    I find that I get many females attention and it's coming to light how many of them want to date me. It's weird, because it makes me feel good to know that so many people like me but I also know that it's probably because I relate so well to them :wink:
    Anyways, has anybody else had to deal with this?
    x

2. Gravity

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    This does happen to me occasionally. It can range from someone who's a really good friend carrying on a longstanding joke about our "love affair" or some such thing (something my best friend from hs does, and that we still both find hilarious), to friends recently acquired who know I'm gay but kind of hit on me and flirt with me anyway, which makes me feel a bit uneasy in addition to the more usual flattered.

I also find that sometimes women will get attracted to gay men because we're the "safe man" in their circle of friends - basically, they can do relationship-y stuff with us but know that they'll never have to actually get involved. It's all fun and good until they get a hetero boyfriend and then we never hear from them again. :icon_sad:

If it gets too weird I just go into "super gay" mode - I talk about every cute guy I see, whatever TV guy I'm crushing on, how much I love my boyfriend, whatever I can/am able to bring up to remind them what team I play on. It usually gets them to back off a little. :slight_smile:

3. Lexington

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    It happened on occasion back when I was younger. I had a few women drop some not-so-subtle hints, and a couple even asked me out. Before I came out, I'd just say "Wow, that's really flattering, but I'm afraid I don't think I feel that same way about you. Thanks, though." And that eventually got swapped with "Wow, that's really flattering, but I'm afraid I'm gay. Thanks, though."

Lex

4. Carpe Diem

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    I have experienced this several times and in fact, I might be going through the same phase again right now with two complete strangers!

We met several times when I played the piano at a public place for fun and they ended up asking for my contact details (and I gave it to them). As we have only met, they don't know that I am gay and out. I don't really feel like dropping the bombshell on them because if they aren't hitting on me, it would make me sound very conceited and I might lose an otherwise decent friendship with the two of them (they are pretty hot by the way FYI).

One of them actually made plans with me to meet up at the same spot (to play the pieces that I played). I assumed that she's just interested in the pieces (and not me). I think I'll continue with the charade until it becomes obvious that she's hitting on me. Until then, it is nice to have yet another friend.

5. stupidIvan

This happens to me on the occasion. ::::M It's extremely flattering, especially because I personally don't think I'm very attractive, and it sometimes makes me feel bad that I wouldn't necessarily go out with them or anything because, well, they're straight.

xxxx ( I tend to lose people because instead of telling them "I'm gay, but I sort of like guys, but I don't like guys like you think I would?", I sort of get nervous and slither away and stop talking to them once I realize what's up. It's something I need to work on!

6. Seraph

It just happened to me on the Valentine day, two girls confessed their love to me,
    one was so desperate that she performed a scene from "Romeo & Juliet" script thingy in her dramas and asked me to be her "Romeo" for valentine lol (I was the Juliet i think lol this was really weird and different); the other one was pretty calm, she asked me out for a date but I couldn't do it and had to politely made an excuse that I'll be everyone's Valentine since I'll make everyone a pack of chocolate, I felt guilty for lying to them though.

7. secretguyX

It's happened to me. My best guy friend introduced me to his friend (who lives in Kansas, we never met in person) and we talked for a while. He had asked me out a few times. But I said I'd think about it. Then I said I wouldn't date someone I never met. I would've felt even worse telling him I'm gay.

And it's happened other times too. I always feel bad, they guys are nice, but they wouldn't be my type anyways, even if I were to rarely date a guy.

8. Mellowish

The same thing happened to me around Valentines Day too, good friends(girls) of mine confessed that they liked me and I responded with the same excuse to all of them where I told them how i didn't have an interest in dating close friends, citing a failed relationship with my last girlfriend where we were already close friends before i asked her out, so that was a good way to dodge a bullet :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: haha

9. King

King Guest

Interesting stories everyone! I suppose I should share mine.
    Actually, my current best friend (a female) and I are friends because she had a huge crush on me. She flirted with me constantly, I felt so bad but one day I told her that I was giving her the wrong impressions and that I didn't want to date.
    I also work with 3 girls who apparently all have the hots for me. I feel awful, because there's one girl who, if she was a boy, would totally be my soulmate. I keep trying to distance myself and have less of a great relationship with her, but it's not that easy. She's easily one of the best people I've ever met!
    It sucks being on this end of it, just because sometimes you're the heartbreaker. I've done it before and I'm afraid I'll do it again.

10. Cascade

I've had this happen to me. When I was at work a random girl said "Psssst" and gave me her phone number. I had to text her and say I wasn't really interested. And before that a few girls at high school had a crush on me.

11. nebenebe

Lafayette, Louisiana, USA, North America, Earth
    I have this happen a lot, from the same two people. One of them has been dating a girl since last year, but when he's around me he says he's gay. Then this other one who is as straight as can be, has been flirting with me lately. Talk about mixed signals.

12. Ethan

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I am literally "offline" on Facebook right now just so I can avoid a girl.
    So, yes, I know the feeling.

13. Loras

A girl tried to pash me one time while drinking and i told her she had a bit to much vagina for my liking

14. Jordash

I had this happen once. I was walking home with my neighbors son whos a little older than me and he kept trying to hold mt hand and wrap his arm around my shoulder and waist. Then he tried to kiss me... so I yelled "Im a lesbien!" and ran all the way home... and slipped on ice in the process... hahahaha! :grin:

15. Artemicion

I didn't really realize that a girl like me until it was really obvious...yeah, I'm a bit oblivious that way xD. Anyways, I pretty much did what suited me best and continued to act oblivious of her advanced...thankfully she gave up otherwise I don't think I would of known what to do...especially when I was still figuring myself out back then.

16. Bolin

Eh...there's only one person who's ever really liked me, and she was...a stalker...yeah. She gave me the weirdest "love" letter I've ever read where she basically admitted her exploits in stalking me...and more or less demanded that I date her. I don't really understand, though...I'd never even said two words to her ever before, let alone seen her.

17. Gravity

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    This made me laugh (in a fun, along-with-you way, just to be clear). You rock!

18. Kernel Panic

have been asked to be a girlfriend by a number of males; one was a friend online who is now in an arranged marriage, and everyone else have been fellow residents in residential homes.
    one lad with down syndrome was one of the nicest people have ever known and more mature and caring than most non disabled folks his age,but he took it as a major insult against himself when support staff tried to explain asexuality to him but they didnt understand asexuality either and assumed it was the same thing as being gay like most people do.
    it was extremely difficult trying to tell him that he was a best friend but that will never be into anything remotely sexualty related,the cheeky sod cheats on all his girlfriends anyway-he had several long distance girls on the go at the time.:lol:

19. Nightmaric

It's so annoying for me. I've had like six girls crush on me in the span of about one year..... I wish I got attention from guys like that. Insert Forever Alone Meme Here...

20. BradThePug

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I've had this happen a lot, but it was in high school. It always seems like when I am more interested in girls, the guys come flocking to me. I eventually came up with an excuse that I was not allowed to date.