1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Anyone Else Have Insomnia?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by secretguyX, Feb 28, 2012.

1. secretguyX

Just curious. I go to bed around 2 to 3am, earliest, every day, or later. And I wake up at 6am. But I always have a lot of energy when I wake up! But I can never fall asleep at night, first procrastinating with homework, but even laying in bed I just can't seem to sleep.

2. Jonathan

I'm kinda the same way. I'm up to about 2ish every night and then wake up around 8 or 6 depending on the day. Like you I procrastinate on my homework (I actually should be doing stats right now :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:). Also, when I'm laying in bed it takes awhile for me to fall asleep. Most of the time I just lay there thinking about random things for like 45 minutes before I even start to fall asleep. The weird thing though is that this is only for like sleeping at night. If I ever decide to take a nap during some other part of the day, I can fall asleep almost instantly lol.

3. Ridiculous

Usually when I need to get up early the next day, I end up getting to sleep about 2 hours after I normally would. So I lose about 4 hours on these nights, 2 from each side. I never seem to be affected by it though.

Other than those cases I seem to almost always get 8 - 8.5 hours per night.

4. Browncoat

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    With medication (not addictive) I get about 2-3 hours of sleep per night - 4 if I'm lucky. And I usually wake up for several hours within that amount of sleep. I don't even have to wake up early, usually - just unwillingly wake up at 4-6ish every day. Rarely am able to fall asleep/take naps during the middle of the day too.

Lucky :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

#4 Browncoat, Feb 29, 2012
    Last edited: Feb 29, 2012
  5. KnightAssassin

i am the same way OP i wake with alot of energy without much sleep lol ..... but it takes a toll after a while

6. justinf

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I go to bed at around 3 or 4 am because I know I won't fall asleep any earlier anyway. Lately though, I can barely fall asleep at all, so I do stuff on my laptop and watch TV till around 6am, when I'm finally tired enough to sleep. Not sure how late I'd wake up on my own though, as my alarm usually wakes me because have school and work to get up for in the morning. Now luckily I don't need a lot of sleep, but because of the early alarm it's kinda starting to become a problem; I averagely sleep 2 hours because of it. I'm thinking about getting some sleeping pills or something.

7. malachite

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    yup, it comes in phases and it sucks being so tired yet not being able to sleep

8. Lexington

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I used to have it pretty bad. I still have modest bouts of it, but nothing like it used to be. Here's how I deal with it.1

1. If you drink soda or coffee, cut off your caffeine intake at a set time during the day. I stop at 6pm, but your time will probably vary.

2. When insomnia hits, accept it. Be at peace with it. You've handled days having six, four, two hours of sleep. No, they're not ideal, but you can survive them. Don't freak about how tomorrow is going to be a wreck because you're not sleeping now.

3. You ever feel unhappy with your workload because "there just aren't enough hours in the day"? Guess what? There are now more hours in the day. :slight_smile: Use them wisely.

4. Do NOT do anything fun. This one is the toughest one of all. It's very tempting to go play the video game you're working on, or jump on Facebook or EC, or watch a favorite show, or check out fun clips on YouTube, whatever. Don't. Chances are you'll start enjoying it, and when you do start to feel tired, you'll resist the pull of sleepiness.

5. The one exception to the rule of "don't do anything fun"? Yep - masturbation. Simply because orgasms can help knock you out. :slight_smile:

6. My surefire insomnia cure? Housework. Seriously. I don't vacuum or anything (since my partner is no doubt asleep) but I'll do dishes and put laundry away and things like that. It's amazing how quickly I feel tired when the two options are "dishes" and "sleep". :slight_smile:

Lex