1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I'm growing up/feeling disconnected

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by whitefang, Feb 28, 2012.

1. whitefang

So, currently trying to get my stuff straightened out! I am 19 years old and just now landing my first job.:eusa_clap I am talking to my Ivy Tech counselor about going to college this fall. I was supposed to last fall, but I had some minor things get in my way. That is all taken care of now. All I have to is get my FAFSA done by March 10, 2012. In a way I am kind of scared about my first job and college, I am not sure what to expect from either. I know what the job is about but I don't know what it is going to feel like. You know what I mean? And I should note that I have been feeling alone for a while due to no college or job, I have been at home for the past seven or so months. I haven't been to hang out with friends much or really do anything. I just sit at home, alone (besides my 23 year old sister). She doesn't count though I am not 21 yet. There is still so much I want to experience like going to a gay bar or a gay hang out, but I can't due to age. I feel lost and out of place. I want to be with our LGBTQ community but all I can do is sit at home alone, feeling disconnected from our community. Lost in the world with no to share this with (dont have to many LGBTQ friends, and the few that I do are younger than me).:help: