1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

what does Love mean to you?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by lavajava, Mar 3, 2012.

1. lavajava

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I was having a good conversation with a few over dinner last night. Went we starting talking about love and what it means to us. We all had a different view, which was awesome! I would like to open the conversation to you and view.
    Love is such a wonderful and intense feeling, that should not be stop. What does love mean to you?

2. Countervail

My affection towards a person.

3. Chickzak

Willing to do anything for that person

4. Elven

"Love is never wanting to lose faith, never wanting to give up, and never truly moving on. Love is knowing and praying in the deepest part of what's left of your heart that they feel the same. "

5. Myturn

Love is a strange and evolving feeling that can't be shelved under one label. I love my wife but tha is still empty. I want to be in love again and that is something all together different. And then there is the flashed of lust that feels like love for a while but burns out just as quickly.

6. samizer0313

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Love is well... a person who can make my heart pound everytime I talk to them and they are the ones I want to talk to everyday.

7. Black Cat

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
  8. Bolin

Hm, to me? Love is putting someone's interests and happiness before your own, even if you have nothing to gain. Being happy for their happiness, even if they're not with you (in a romantic sense)...Love is knowing that one day it'll be a source of pain, but having hope and knowing you'll be able to get through it. Enduring the tough times, not giving up. That indescribable feeling....knowing you'd die for them in a heartbeat if need be.

9. starfish

Like willing to go get me a beer when I am too lazy to get my ass up off the couch :slight_smile:

10. silkfrog1292

"Love is an eternal mystery, for there is nothing else that can explain it."

11. TheAMan

To me love is someone who will accept you for who you are despite your faults. It's someone who's there because they want to be and not for some alternative motive like money or sex.

12. Alex94

Alex94 Guest

The knowledge that no matter what you do someone will always be there for you, When everything seems to be lost they are there to help you. Knowing that the way you feel about a certain person is unlike any other feeling in the world....the trust amongst the two of you, knowing everything about someone and they know all about you.....being willing to do anything for someone else, always putting them before yourself......seeing someone who cares about you enough to stick it out with you even when life is at its hardest....

13. Hexagon

Since you haven't defined it as sexual love, and I'm asexual, I'll give you this. Love is a feeling of unconditional affection for someone else. I've only loved two people, I think.

14. CrazyAntFarm

Beautiful. I can't describe it any better. Nothing in this world makes me happier than waking up next to my boyfriend. Gazing into his eyes still gives me butterflies, and I suspect this will never ever change. For a long time, I never knew the true definition or feeling of love although I had believed otherwise. But now.... :icon_redf .. it's just really hard to put what I feel into words..

15. Chickzak

Hahaha only if you'd get a drink for me when I'd be feeling lazy :thumbsup:

16. vyvance

Love is still taking action and making an effort long after the initial "puppy dog love" infatuation wears off, because you do truly care about this person and their life with you (or without in some situations). Something that an increasingly growing number of people don't understand, as apparent by the ever increasing divorce rate.

17. Christiaan

Christiaan Guest

I'm going to echo the folks here who are talking about love as a long-term effort involving some level of responsibility and commitment. It's not something that one ought to get into lightly. Really, short-term relationships with people that last through the initial flush of infatuation are fine if that's what you want out of life. I'm not unilaterally against them. However, there is another level to things. It's actually very nice, I think.

18. secretguyX

Love is indescribable.