1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Just Call Me "Gaycicle" ^^

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Jordash, Mar 3, 2012.

1. Jordash

Okay guys I just wanted to know if you've ever been called something that was meant to be offensive, but actually, now that you think about it, is a terrible insult?

My ex-girlfriend's "best friend" called me "gaycicle" the other night. Lol She wanted to make me feel bad, I'll admit, it kinda hurt at first but then I thought about it, and was all like, shes an idiot. Im concidering changing that to my name on facebook now! Lol

Anyone have any comments on this, or anything like this ever happen to you? :slight_smile:

2. Loras

lol thats quite a lame insult.
    I can only think back to school when the biggest insult ever chucked at me was gay (probably why it was so hard to accept). But if i was called that now i would probably just look at them funny

3. gleekfanatic

gleekfanatic Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I was once called Sunshine, and another time I was called "Gaysian" since I'm a Gay Asian... :lol:

4. solarcat

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Family only
    Classmates in my middle school started saying I had fleas, then they started saying I had fleas and lice, which they started calling fleace (?)
    As irritating and hurtful as it was, it wasn't until later that I remembered what fleece is.

5. Carpe Diem

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    No offense, but gaysian is a nice pun!:stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

So why were you called sunshine? I don't see how that's related to anything gay (maybe it wasn't intended to be and I was interpreting the situation wrongly). It just sounds childish. It actually reminds me of Justin from Queer as Folk (US version). He's called sunshine too (and I thought that it's kinda cute).

Back to the topic; I must have had some nicknames but I couldn't recall any. I guess they didn't stick for long, hence my lack of memory of it.

6. Loras

I agree, the first guy i pashed called himself a gaysian and he wore it with pride

7. King

King Guest

Insults are just so funny in general.
    It's not being called names that bothers me, it's the fact that certain people think they can say those things to me. Like, call me any name you want, but when certain people call me names... I wanna knock them in the teeth.
    Name-calling shouldn't bother you. Think of yourself as everything they say you are - I got called a f*g once (they didn't know I'm actually gay) and I just laughed to myself because I was like, "Oh man you don't even know."

8. fatalmoon91

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    im not sure if it was meant to be an insult or just a weird thing my boss decided to do but my old boss came into work one day and just started saying "dear lugan, you make me sick"

the name lugan stuck with me until i quit that job. originally i couldn't figure out the name but eventually i just stopped caring. I mean what harm does one letter do?

9. Bedroom Hymns

Meh, it's not like most people have guessed I'm gay. And even in school, the ones who did didn't really 'bully' me or anything. Sometimes they 'had some fun' calling me things, but it was so innocent, it was just 'gay', sometimes stronger things. But from my point of view now, it was nothing too harmful, they were stupid kids.

10. RemyLeBeau

RemyLeBeau Guest

Once while looking for a Madonna CD at a thrift store, my 17 year old brother came up all "What's up Rainman?" This had been a crack at my having Asperger's. I kinda giggled until it sunk in, so I snapped and demanded he was not to call me out on having an PDD again. He got all defensive and threw a tantrum, I threatened to kick his ass over embarrassing me in public, our Gramma drug us out by the ears, our younger brother kept asking who Rainman was, etc etc. Fun day.

I also got a ton of nicknames thanks to a birthmark I had on my face (which turned out to be possibly cancerous and was removed). By age 10 I had heard it all and wouldn't even bother reacting. At least the scar in it's place is easier to talk about (Voldemort did it).

And smart ass is an insult I live to hear.

11. SohoDreamer

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    I get called gay every day, 'cause you know, I am. It's just high school I guess..I used to get upset by it, but now I just about manage to ignore it.

12. Emberstone

I was once called a fastizo, but then I called them a mealy mouth crotch pheasent, and won that arguement.

13. JRNagoya

Smiley. How I loathe that name. I was working at a restaurant as a server some years back. I'm friendly and a hard worker, but I don't go around with a mannequin-smile plastered to my face for my entire shift. My @$$4073 boss though differently and changed my server name on the computer from my real name to 'Smiley.' So every time I had to print a receipt or bill for a customer, right along the top was "Your server today was Smiley." How I hated that man.