1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Interesting day.

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Jeimuzu, Dec 30, 2007.

1. Jeimuzu

This post has little purpose, just for the warning. My cousin just got married. It was a wonderful ceremony, and he had me as the Very Unofficial Photographer. In other words, he loaned me his camera and said "Try and get some shots of people without them noticing. I want informal shots, because the official photographer is giving me enough formal ones." Well, words to that effect.

His camera is orgasmic.

Oh god I want it.

I want it so much.

It urinates all over my camera from a high height. When I'm holding it, people look at me like I'm the official photographer, and it's ridiculously easy to use. It's as easy as my Samsung digital, despite being an SLR.

And it's only about £350, as well!

I want it lots. Lots and lots.

He was pleased with the amount of shots I got with it.

Incidentally, that lucky bugger is pretty much gonna be heading over to New York tomorrow. He's found a hotel in Time Square and he's gonna see in New Years there!

Incidentally, I look good in a suit. :wink:

2. biisme

how very interesting...are you planning on buying that camera now?

3. Psych!

Psych! Guest

Hahahaha. :roflmao:

Sorry man, but I had to laugh at that.
    What camera is this?

4. BlasttheCloset

That was a pretty funny description, I must say. Glad you liked it. What camera was it? And congrats to your cousin.

5. panda

Pictures of you in a suit!!

6. sdc91

SLR cameras are sooooo nice . . .

New Year's in Times Square sounds like a lot of fun. I watch it on TV every year (but the ball always drops at 11 pm since I'm a time zone behind).

7. Jeimuzu

My camera - for comparison - is a Samsung S1030. His camera was a... erm. I meant to remember.

*thinks*

Ah yes, Canon 400D.

As for pictures... well, Michael's got the camera and he'll be in Time Square pretty soon, so I can't get any pics of me in a suit right now. Incidentally, he'd normally not make it in time for New Years, because he's setting out on the morning of it, but luckily that area is around 8 hours behind us.

Funny thing is, I love my camera! How can I not, with the amazing shots I've managed to get! But his camera is in a different league. If I got his camera, I honestly think I'd be able to do gig photography at a more professional level, which is something I'd like to dabble in.

#7 Jeimuzu, Dec 30, 2007
    Last edited: Dec 30, 2007
  8. step49x

Well, if you can watch it from inside a hotel room, I think it would be great fun. However, if you're one of those people sitting on the street, it really don't sound like a lot of fun. One of my teachers from high school apparently went there one year, and he described it to us (this is what i remember hearing, it was several years ago and probably not 100% accurate. i think you'll get a good picture, though):

Those people that you see on the street, on TV? Odds are good that they've been standing there all day (at least). Not sitting, standing (not enough room to sit). Many, if not most, of them are drunk out of their minds. And, there aren't any public restrooms. While there might be a couple Porta Johns, that's nowhere near enough for all those thousands of people. For restaurants, bathrooms are for customers only. So, people will just go wherever they're standing.

Back on subject, what is a SLR camera? I loved your descriptions, by the way. :lol:

9. Jeimuzu

It's the type with the huge lens. Y'know, big sticky out one. Thanks, incidentally.