1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Rant

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by ok455, Dec 30, 2007.

1. ok455

How come everyone is drinking these days? Its not a few glasses its whole bottles.

Its hard trying to make friends that don't drink Or smoke weed or do any kind of drugs.

Its sad because thats all there life consists of is smoking and drinking. "I was so drunk last weekend i thought my mother was Trya Banks"

Thank you for reading to my Rant

2. Micah

While everyone drinks for a different reasons, a number of people do it because it helps them "loosen up" in a social situation. For example, at a party, it helps them not be so nervous about meeting new people.

But obviously not everyone is responsible in their consumption of alcohol...and they don't usually learn the hard way either =\

3. CrimsonThunder

I don't find anything wrong with it, listening to those stories are funny too! Nothing better than a drunk convo lol. (it usually makes no sense)

However being friends with someone that drinks or does drugs ALL the time is annoying. One of my friends always says "oh im going over such and such's house to have a sesh" im like, great. (gets said all the time *rolls eyes*)

4. boy0boy

I get ya. It is unfortunate being a person who doesn't drink or smoke pot. Eh, as frustrating as it is, as long as you're happy then that's all that matters. There are more like us out there, just harder to find

5. InaRut

I use to not drink...and in the highschool world it usually meant I had little friends...I start drinking and I started having alot more fun with my final year of highschool. This is a good question though. Perhaps as your getting older your just realising that there is alot more drinking going along. I mean people have been sucking the bottle forever (Minus the alcohol ban in 1940's).

But drinking is a way to have some out of bounds social fun, or to escape reality. I'm pretty sure that's why people drink.

6. pirateninja

I enjoy drinking as much as the next person, my avatar alone should be a givaway! But still, I do agree that people shouldn't drink in excess or do drugs. And it just makes it worse when people brag about how drunk or high they were.

"OMGZZZ I was so high, totally tripping..."
    "Uh uh, I was tripping way more than you were..."

And so on.

7. Ty

Ty Guest

I drink every now and then, not really that often and if i do its to get drunk. I don't think i'd do drugs though, ive been around my friends when their high so i could've if i wanted to, i just didn't cause i felt uncomfortable 'bout it.

8. Jeimuzu

Funny thing is, I don't drink, smoke, or take drugs. Thing is, I also go to festivals a lot, where you're expected to drink huge amounts and take... quite a few drugs.

But it's all about atmosphere, in my opinion.

9. BlasttheCloset

Well I am honestly not opposed to drinking responsibly, but so few people do that that is seems just stupid really. Although I personally have had alcohol only a few times and every single time I have been absolutely disgusted at the taste, and at the smell, so it looks like I could never really be a drinker.

10. suburbs_of_sodom

Northern Virginia...neither here nor there
    I personally don't drink, but I don't have a problem with others drinking responsibly. What I do have a problem with, though, is people drinking so much that they are in a position to hurt themselves and/or others (either physically or emotionally). I find that unethical and oftentimes selfish. But if you're having a glass of wine at dinner, or, like Micah said, drinking just enough to help yourself loosen up, that's perfectly fine.

11. Grof142007

meh i know i looking for someone who doesnt drink or smoke ... going to be forever till i find that person

12. Hollywood

i love drinking :slight_smile:

smoking weed is pretty dank too. but i try not to do it too much.

13. Nodnarb

I don't drink either. Not to sound like a broken record, but if you do it responsibly or to loosen up, as some other posters have said, I'm fine with it. But when people drink for the sake of getting drunk, or like some people around here, because they think its the 'cool' thing to do, then I don't agree with it. When is the worst tho is when it starts to hurt your family and becomes a serious problem. My aunt's husband has developed a serious drinking problem and is always gone(presumably out drinking with his buddies), leaving her to raise their two sons. After what happened to her in her fist marraige, its disgusting to see him ruining her second one.

14. sdc91

I don't drink/smoke/do drugs. It's just a turnoff for me (well, social drinking in moderation is alright).

15. EthanS

EthanS Guest

Yer like mostly all the happy and mostly fun people are the ones that drink and mayb smoke... or am i wrong?

16. SpikySpice

The society has chnaged, now it's more complicated, more peopel are dealing with stress and depression and stuffs, even their friends cna help them cuz maybethey are not open enough so they use alcohol as a tool to get through the gloomy days

Apart of that, some people are in a group or a gang , so they do what their members or friends do , practice to drink cuz they think it's cool, now we al try to prove that we are bettre than anyone so we try to do anythng

17. ok455

I never drink in my life or smoke weed or whatever elese is overrated

Yeah i don't mind people drinking responsibly But drinking to get drunk is annoying.And it seems like everyone is alike i look through people myspace's and its the same old the table filled up with red plastic cups. And its me getting crunk playing pong. I don't know if its from depression or not but its sad I don't see whats cool about drinking and passing out and being sick in the morning.

The drinking stories are really stupid and immature imo. I know one boy that talks about it and how he drinks and drive i wanted to smack the $#%@#%$# out of him I guess a majororty of my generation is going to have a short life span

The only way the kids will learn if they get badly hurt and lose a limb. And we will be seeing them at highschool(S) giving out speeches

#17 ok455, Dec 31, 2007
    Last edited: Dec 31, 2007