1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The hilariously awkward way to be outed to a sibling

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Harve, Mar 6, 2012.

1. Harve

I thought this deserved its own thread as it's certainly not a memory that'll leave me soon, and I reckon it's a good read. :grin:

So a few weeks ago I was at my hometown's local sport (basically, the entire town is out watching a game of rugby played in the streets on a three mile long 'pitch'). I was with some friends that I'd only met a days ago at a party, one of them was one of those girls that love to 'adopt' a 'gay best friend' and what have you. She wasn't actually too much like that in all honesty, but it explains why she said what follows nonetheless. I came across my 12 year old sister and we were talking about something or other, when my new friend decides to come bouncing along, rather drunk, puts her arm around my shoulder and says to my sister, not knowing who she was: "Hello! This is my GAY FRIEND! Who are you?". I could have DIED at that moment and could just about reply "that's my sister". My friend realised what she'd just done and ran away in a nervous fit of laughter.

The silence that followed was awful! I'm pretty sure my sister knows now, even though I came up with far-fetched excuses like "she just wanted me to be gay, so she thought she'd embarrass me all the time", but she's not stupid.

In hindsight, it's actually one of the most hilarious moments of my life, and I'm not too fussed! Being in a small town where every teenager knows anyone within a few years of them, it was bound to happen eventually, as happened now my brother looks old enough to go out. Urgh.

2. LOL! Thats awesome haha I mean it could be bad...but it seems you took it quite well. It was an honest mistake afterall. What is it with friends who find it awesome to have a gay friend? It's like they wanna show you off to people haha

3. EmmettBlack

Hahahahahhaahah that's gold!!! XD I think it's also great that you're not too mortified about it anymore haha!