1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Failure at its finest....

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Alex94, Mar 10, 2012.

1. Alex94

Alex94 Guest

Okay this is kind of a rant.....Sorry about that.

Okay so here is the thing, today I got my 5-week progress report card from school. In every class except cooking my average is a 55 or lower. This pisses me off because I am actually trying! It seems that whenever I am not trying I do great, but when I try I fail. In my Env. class I made up all my work except 2 things and I apparently still am failing! I mean wtf?!? I am busting my ass trying to turn everything in on time and do good and I am failing miserabley!! I understand how I am failing my Spanish class, that I get.....5 years of French vs. one year of Spanish, of course it is super hard. I mix up the vocab, and all that, but I do not need Spanish to graduate! I need my Math, History, Science, and English. Ugh, I hate this, I will prob. be stuck in 11th grade again next year, I mean my Mom already said "No summer school this year, you will graduate a year late without your friends if you have to I don't care." UGH!!!! I should be a Senior right now anyways!! (If I had never failed 7th grade.) I mean, come on I make up my work, I turn in the work as fast as I can, and I still fail......Grrrrr.:dry:

Anyone else on EC hate school for the same reasons?!?! :tantrum:

-Thank you for reading this, sorry I was sort of ranting. :icon_redf
    (At least it was sort of a short entry.)

2. Jordash

The same thing is happening to me in my Algebra class. I try so flippin' hard and I still have a 49!

If you fail again, Im so so so sorry! School sucks!

3. castle walls

Have you tried talking to your teachers about it? If you explain to them how hard you're trying and that you need these classes to graduate, they may work with you. If your teachers like you that helps as well

4. Black Cat

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    This. Seriously.

When I was in school, right before I left to switch to homeschooling, I was in a similar position. I didn't talk to the teachers about it (mostly due to some other issues, which are irrelevant to the point I'm attempting to convey) and it only got worse. So bad that I was failing horribly when I left.

Seriously. Ask to discuss these things with your teachers. That's why they are there. And if you give the required effort, and your teachers work something out with you, you can still get everything together in time to not have to do summer school or graduate late.

5. Maxis

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Ugh, yeah, it sucks. I'm not quite in the same shoes as you, but I do recall once in math I had either an F or a D- most of the grading period, and I barely pulled through in the end. It really hurt me, because I'm an honor roll student.
    As castle walls said, talk to your teachers about it. Schedule an appointment to make up all the work you're missing, or to tutor you. If they are incooperative, talk to a school staff member (I'm not sure exactly who... maybe the guidance counselor or the principal) about it and the teachers will probably be forced to help you. You could also get tutoring help from your parents.
    If tutoring isn't your problem, and it's just all the make-up work, no biggie. Just make sure you make up all the work. Show them you're smarter than it seems. :slight_smile:

6. Alex94

Alex94 Guest

I have tried talking to them but all they say is: "Study more, and do your homework and everything should go alright.".....If only it were that easy, I study all the time and do my homework. (To the best of my ability.):dry:

7. fatalmoon91

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    does your school hae a tutorial system in place? I know most schools in my region have an extra 30 mins after school where you can go and ask the teachers for help with your homework...it may not be the most fun but sometimes that can be the difference between graduating on time or not.