1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I put it on paper....and felt better afterwards.

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by PlutonianShore, Mar 10, 2012.

1. PlutonianShore

So one of the English teachers at my school bullied me into taking this national English Olympiad that took place a few days ago. Even though I was initially reluctant (due to the fact that my English isn't that good) I capitulated. However, it wasn't a normal language and grammar test as I had fervently hoped, but an essay-writing one. So there I was, sitting in a classroom with 5 others who probably possessed twice the intellectual and creative capabilities than mine, plumbing the murky depths of my creative juices in search of something that was worth writing about. My Section A answer was a total balls-up. However, I must say I am rather proud of my Section B one.

Now, I'm over the whole shocking ''I'm gay!" revelation, but the problem I'm facing now is reconcilliating my sexuality and my Christianity. Also, I am in anguish due to the fact that I"m in love with this guy in my grade, but my religion probably condemns me to a single, celibate life. In Section B, I chose the topic which instructed me to write two poems about young and mature love respectively.
    I had such a desire to express my anger, sadness and repression that I went for it. Also, the fact that the question paper instructed the participants not to write their names (creativity through anonymity if you will) was a good, bonus add on.

So here's what I wrote (be nice, please):

VALENTINE'S CARD
    By entrant no. 5

Ah how this chained boy weeps!
    Bound by the strings of bigoted religiosity
    That you and your total obliviosity towards me
    Should hang yourself up high on the Tree of Knowledge

I idolise you
    You're lauded by Grecian poets
    Your hair of artisan charcoal
    Your body speaks in Apollo's accent.

Yet one sweet day
    You threw away Religion's key
    And picked my stony heart's lock
    It made another space for you, my earthly saviour.

Yes, how fondly I recall that day when
    Surrounded by blue and yellow uniforms
    Through a simple an unassuming gesture, you drew my shoulder closer to yours.
    Our presences bonded; your skin was warm.

We could be...
    We could be revolutionaries of love.

But alas, this poor boy walks a path
    A path better walked alone
    Bordered by the twilight of a conditional God's rules
    You're on the sidewalk.

For eternity I'll be your Paris
    And you'll be my blind Helen
    You'll never see me fade into the fog
    As you stand comfortably on your shore.

But please bear in mind that I'll forever be
    Your Forbidden Admirer

:frowning2:

When I put my pen down, I felt as if an immediate burden was lifted from my shoulders. I didn't get as depressed as often in the days following

Has anybody here ever done something similar? Just get rid of all this emotional baggage maybe in a journal or something?

2. Chickzak

Yeah definetly. I know when I write something on paper, it helps a little, almost as I'm telling someone my problems. I think its great! If it helps you.. you keep using that :slight_smile: